Chapter 6 - It's too late.

We were in the car on the way back.

"Amelia, are you okay? You seem a little preoccupied" My mother called from the front seat turning back to me. I smiled and nodded at her.

"Yeah...I'm fine, i'm just....tired" She looked unconvinced but turned back and continued her discussion with my father.

I was still uncertain about the situation with Jack, he said it was impossible and since he was away there was no way it could be his. I believed him. But still, he said that he had broken up with Lucy, and he hadn't. He was texting her saying he loved her. I just didn't understand why. How could he have done that to me.

***

I got out of the car and shut the door behind me. My mum opened the door and I ran past her thanking her. I went up to my room and took out my phone. I searched on my contacts and found Jack. I clicked on his number and stared at the screen. I was arguing with myself trying to decide whether to phone him or not. But I did.

***

Jack's POV

My phone started ringing I walked over to my desk and picked it up. It was Amelia.
"Hey Amelia"
"Erm...hi" I smiled, she's so cute when she's nervous. Wait what? That's really not something i'd usually say.

"So how are you, why did you phone?"

"I just phoned to talk. And to apologise for how I acted earlier, I was rude to you and I know you're going through a hard time"

"You had every right to be rude, who wouldn't be, I was wrong to tell you i'd broken up with Lucy when I hadn't, I was planning to, I promise. About the pregnancy, that has nothing to do with me, but I am not going to leave her alone, she knows that it's not going to work anymore, but i'll help her find the father."

"Jack. That's great. I'm happy that you've realised it's better that way. If she's pregnant with someone else's baby she can't really be angry that you've broken up with her. That's just great. That really is."

"I can practically hear you grinning through the phone"

"I'm just happy that you've decided to help"

"I know you are, because you're not self-centred. You know what though?"

"What?" Her voice was soft and gentle. Angelic.

"You're under-rated. People think you're all about studying and work. But you're so much more. You actually care, you're the first girl i've ever met to be so beautiful, yet so kind-hearted"

I heard her giggle on the other side of the phone "Is that a compliment?"

"Amelia Richardson! How very rude! I put a lot of effort in to that speech!" I laughed with her.
She was never any less than perfect.