Chapter 17 - Tifanny and the alcohol.

I opened my eyes to see Jack next to me on the sofa, sleeping silently. I carefully got up then ran to the opposite side of the room as soon as my alarm went off and quickly pressed snooze. It was too late - Jack had already started to wake up. "What time is it?" he slurred, half awake. 

"Only 6:30" I replied smiling. 

"Do you want me to make you breakfast" he asked, unenthusiastic, and with a forced smile.

"It's alright Jack, you can go back to sleep for another ten minutes. I'll wake you up when you need to start getting ready" 

"I was hoping you'd say that" he replied quickly before he putting his head back on the cushion and closing his eyes. 

I ran up and turned on the shower. I looked in the mirror and sighed, my eyes were red from crying. Yesterday I felt so bad about Finn, I didn't want him to be upset because of me, but we agreed it was platonic, and for him, obviously it wasn't. I'd been crying and Jack was trying his best to comfort me. The last thing I remember before I fell asleep, was realising that the life of the girl in the stupid film we were watching was unrealistically similar to mine. 

After my shower, I put on my uniform and went down to wake up Jack. It was only 6:50, so he would still have time to go to his house if he wanted. I walked over to him and kissed his forehead. "Jack, you need to start getting ready now".  

 He groaned and rolled over so he was facing me. He sat up and stretched out his arms as he yawned. "too tired" he grumbled before he laid back down. I sighed. He was going to regret that decision.

30 seconds later and I was back in the front room with a frying pan in one hand and a wooden spoon in the other. I'm guessing you can predict what happened next. It sounds cruel but in less than a millisecond Jack was on his feet, wide eyes open. He ran his hand through his hair and shook his head at me, displeased. This caused me to laugh, I was finding the situation quite amusing to be honest. He started clapping slowly, while continuing to shake his head... "Very funny Amelia Rose, absolutely hilarious."  

I started poking him but he didn't look amused. 

"Er, Jack you're such a baby." I said, rolling my eyes and taking his hand, dragging him into the kitchen. I opened up the cupboards and peered inside before taking out a box of cereal and slamming it onto the counter, along with a bowl (fortunately it was plastic) and a spoon. I went into the fridge and while opening the door I called back to him "sit down", I took out the milk and handed it to him. 

"Is this it? Not trying to go with the sexist stereotypes or anything...but like shouldn't you be able to cook?" He grinned, assuring me it was a joke and laughed, stopping awkwardly to cough after realising I wasn't amused. 

"Not trying to go with the sexist stereotypes? Sounds quite stereotypical to me. Go build a tree house Jack, oh wait you can't? Didn't think so. Listen I'm not a crazy feminist who takes everything you say as a sexist insult but seriously I mean have some respect." I blurted out. 

I looked at Jack, he was holding a spoon halfway to his mouth, not moving. He looked slightly taken a back. I smiled, satisfied at his reaction. He started eating and I sat down with him, not saying anything. "Have you already eaten?" He asked me.

"Nah, I'm not hungry" I replied

He looked at me, faking shocked. "But Amelia, you and I both know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day." 

I laughed along with him at that one. 

After we'd eaten breakfast he went to have a shower then got changed.  We stayed watching TV for half an hour, then left at 7:45. I grabbed my bag, after putting minimal make-up on and tying up my hair in to a messy bun. We walked for five minutes, arriving at Jack's house so he could quickly run inside and grab his books and change his uniform. I waited in the living room, after Jack had assured me that Finn would have already left. After two minutes I heard giggling and a girl with hair in a mesy high ponytail emerged from the doorway. She was wearing an oversized t shirt that came up to mid thigh. I looked at her confused. She was short and slim and returned the strange look that I was giving her.  

"Err...hi, erm, my name's Tiffany. I'm here with Finn. Sorry who are you?"

 I paused. She was here with Finn. He got over me quickly. I peered over into the kitchen, and saw a few empty glass bottles. From what I could see was vodka and beer. I turned quickly after hearing Tiffany cough.

"Oh, yeah, sorry. I'm Amelia. I'm Jack's girlfriend." 

Finn had walked in as I was saying the last three words. He looked down at his feet awkwardly, not saying anything. 

"Hey Finn, how are you"  I wanted it to be normal again. Friends, just like we were before.

"Erm...yeah, I'm good."  He replied, looking up at me briefly. It was the first time I saw his face since he walked into the room. He had bags under his eyes and looked really tired.

"Hmm, I wonder why" I thought, being my usual sarcastic self.

Obviously I put two and two together, the empty bottles of alcohol, Tiffany and tired Finn. He obviously wasn't taking this girl he took home very seriously. As much as I took an immediate dislike to her for going home with Finn after just meeting him, I felt kind of sorry for her. She might've been in the same situation as Finn, having had a bad day, trying to drown her sorrows in the intoxicating liquid that can turn a taste into a morning waking up in a stranger's bed. 

At the right time Jack walked in, ready to go. He looked between me and Finn. Me and Tiffany. Tiffany and Finn. "I'll explain to you on the way to school." I told him, raising my eyebrows, warning him in doing so that it was a long story.

As we walked out of the door I sighed. "It's my fault isn't it." 

"Wait, what? I don't even know what's happened yet. What's your fault? What's going on Amelia Rose?" 

"First of all, for the ten millionth time it's Amelia. Second of all, Tiffany and Finn...er well they, yeah. I think you can guess what happened. I saw empty bottles of alcohol on the kitchen table. Even you saw that she was wearing his top, it's not exactly inconspicuous."

"What the hell though? I mean Finn shouldn't be that stupid, he knows that's wrong. He shouldn't just use girls like that."

"I know... I was thinking, I know it's going to be awkward between you two, but maybe you should stay at your house tonight, or for a while, just to keep an eye on him. We're not exactly on the best of terms right now but I wouldn't want him to get addicted to drugs or get in any bad situations."

"Yeah, maybe you're right." 

By this time we were already only a few minutes away from the school.  I heard a squeal behind me and Jack groaned. Obviously not in the mood to be dealing with viewers right now. He put on a fake smile and turned around, only for his facial expressions to completely change as he saw two people standing there. There was an average height girl, she had  blonde hair that reached just to her waist and bright blue eyes. She was standing next to a tall boy, he was only a fraction taller than Jack and had dirty blonde hair, he had blue eyes also, but they were darker blue, and had green towards the outer part of the iris. 

"Jasmine, how are you?" Jack said putting his arms out and hugging her. I couldn't help but feel a pang of jealousy as they stood there talking to each other, but I could tell that it was nothing more than a good friendship. 

Well, I hoped.