Chapter 20 - "soulmates"

I looked over at Finn blushing as Jasmine removed her arms from his neck and stood looking at the floor.  He clapped his hands together quickly and changed the subject.  There was no doubt that Finn liked Jasmine, he made it pretty obvious, but as they talked I even noticed Jasmine look up at him every now and then. After five minutes when they were faced away from each other scribbling notes on their script they both paused and looked at each other before turning back quickly while everyone else continued to work. Jasmine looked terrified but Finn look shocked and worried. Then a look of realisation hit him. He got up quickly before muttering something to Jasmine and rushing over to Jack. 

"Jack. I need to talk to you. Like now" 

Jack looked at him strangely then nodded, and walked a few metres away with his hands in his pocket, but because everyone else talking in the room I couldn't hear a word that they were saying.  I walked over to Jasmine who was sitting on the floor, still looking confused. I smiled at her and smiled back before returning her gaze to the floor. 

"Jasminnneeee...what's up?" 

"Err...I don't know, it was just weird...it was like, I er - could hear him speaking. " 

She immediately went red and then laughed awkwardly and started fiddling with her hands. I hugged her and she looked surprised. 

"You're not creeped out?"

"The thing is Jasmine, the same thing kind of happened to me and Jack, it sounds like I'm just saying it now that you have but it's true. I'm not gonna lie. I hate it, yeah it sounds cool I guess but I still feel like he's playing a prank on me or something. The weird thing is that he doesn't seem too creeped out himself. Maybe it's a famous Harries prank or something. Maybe whenever they get in a relationship they-"

"Wait, relationship?" 

"Sorry,  I see the way you look at Finn, and the way he looks at you. The fact that you knew each other for so long and only know that you have feelings for each other now is cute"

"Stop rushing to conclusions" she said blushing "Finn doesn't have feelings for me and that's it. You can't change that." 

"Wait, Jasmine? You never denied that you like Finn. You DO like him? Oh my gosh I knew it!"

"Noooo" She said, then burst out laughing. 

Me and Jasmine continued to talk until Jack and Finn walked over to us -

"Hey, guys..."  Jack said awkwardly.

Me and Jasmine smiled at him and let him continue to talk. 

"Me and Finn have agreed that we should probably talk to you both. Explain things. "

I stood up along with Amelia. We looked at them, confused. "Jack, is there something you haven't been telling me because I'm getting worried. You're scaring me now." 

"There's nothing to be worried about Amelia-Rose, we just want to be open with you" 

The bell rang and our teacher told us we all could go. 

"I don't know about you lot but I have a free now, " I said, the rest of the group nodded in agreement so we all made our way to one of the empty classrooms.  Me and Amelia sat next to each other opposite Jack and Finn. 

I tapped my fingers on the table and looked up at Jack and Finn expecting them to speak. 

"So....what did you want to talk to us about"

Finn started speaking then, answering my quetion. "Well, you know how ... weird things have been happening lately, I mean like not for everyone , but just for us four, that's something people in our family are used to. They can communicate telephathically with their, ... with their-"

"soulmates" Jack interrupted, smiling at me and taking my hand in his across the table. 

"So you're telling me that everyone in your family can telepathically communicate with their -soulmates- " I said, waving my hands in the air on the last word. 

Finn nodded and looked down at the table.

Jasmine looked up with her eyebrows furrowed "Okay, so I think I understand it now. But I have one more question"

we all looked at her, waiting. 

"why is it so dangerous?"