34

I missed school for a week but now I decided to get over it and go to school. After eating my seventh tub of ice cream, of course.

I got up early and walked the whole way to school. I hated the bus and I was so used to Luke driving me in his car or on his motorcycle.

I took a deep breath and pushed open the double doors. Everyone stared at me, whispering to their friends. I just trudged through the crowd, to my locker.

I wrapped my numb fingers around the lock and started to put the combination in. Pulling the locker open, I stuffed my backpack in the small metal box and grabbed me notebook and pen.

Then I shuffled my feet into the math room. Everyone was in the room and Calum and Ashton were sitting in their seats.

Calum gave me a small smile as I trudged to my seat. I noticed they both had matching gauge bandages on their right hands, around their knuckles.

My mind went to Luke and how I wrapped up his hand after he hit that guy for me. Calum and Ashton wouldn't hurt anyone though.

The classroom went silent and I looked at the door to see Luke, sporting two black eyes, walk in. He slammed down in his desk and boredly look at the board.

I looked down at my notebook and anxiously drew shapes. Something flopped into my lap, partially scaring me and partially surprising me. It was a small note, carefully folded into a heart.

In Luke's messy handwriting was, I'M SORRY PLS LET ME EXPLAIN

I unfolded the heart then carefully folded it into the one symbol everyone knew, and I've seen Calum use.

The middle finger.

I tossed it into his lap before turning away so he couldn't see my triumphant smile.

/////

"Michael."

"Will you leave me alone?" I growled, trying to get past him.

Luke got me into the art room and now I was against a desk in the corner. I tried to back up but I ended up sitting on the table.

"Will you just let me explain?" The blond asked.

"Yeah, explain why you were making out with Arzaylea when you said you'd be there for me? You said you loved me and you go and kiss her behind my back!" I exclaimed.

I let out a shaky breath and looked up at the blond.

"She saw me messing around with the freshmens. Syrup, sharpies and glue. She got the superglue and she glued my shoes down to the floor." Luke explained. "She put super glue on her hips so whenever I tired to push her away my hands got stuck."

He extended his hands out to me, showing my his palms that had red fabric on them.

"I can't get it off." He complained, roughly rubbing his hands on his jeans.

"And the black eyes?" I asked.

"Oh, Calum beat me up for making you cry." Luke confessed.

"But Ashton's knuckles..."

"Well, Ashton tried to get Cal off of my but cut his hand on one of Calum's zippers or something. That boy wears a lot of metal." Luke chuckled slightly.

I grabbed his hand and acted like I looking at the fabric, "You could've just glued the fabric on your hands."

The color drained from his face and he looked like he was going to throw up. I dropped his hand and grabbed his collar.

"I'm kidding." I whispered, putting my lips to his.

He grabbed my hips and leaned over me. I fell back against the desk, thankful the classroom was empty and locked, wrapping my legs around his waist.

"wanna go to my car?"

"Y-yeah."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There's nothing on tv

~Cookie Xx