47

Michael steadily improved, aside from the small night terrors. His mum came to the hospital a few hours after I had arrived. His dad was in jail now, already charged with attempted homicide.

Now, Michael sat up, trying to toss his socks in a basket I set up against the wall.

"I am bored. Bored.." He threw his sock at the wall, "Bored...bored..B-O-R-E-D."

His mum was down in the cafeteria, looking for something edible for the three of us to eat.

"Luke? Luke..Loo-Kuh." He drew out, hitting me with a sock.

"I was listening when you said, I'm Bored. What's up?" I asked.

"Guess what."

"What?"

"I'm bored." He groaned.

I chuckled at him, "What do you want me to do?"

"I want to go to Australia." Michael whined.

"Soon, baby. I promise." I said.

He moved over before extending his arms out to me, making grabby hands for me. I sat down beside him and he climbed into my lap. Today he didn't have any tubes and wires attached to him so he could move around a lot more.

Michael rested his head on my shoulder and held onto my hand.

"Is Australia my home?" He asked.

"That's a hard question." I said quietly, "I think home is where the heart is."

Michael stayed quiet, the only thing breaking our silence was Mrs. Clifford walking into the room.

She smiled at us and set down a box of cookies on the bottom of the bed.

"the nurse said you can take all the band aids off, honey." She told Michael, kissing the top of his head.

"it'll hurt." He whined childishly, curling closer to me.

I automatically held him closer, putting my chin on top of his head.

"Alright, well I can't image how boring it is here." She said, "I'll go out and try to get something for you to do. You two be good, nothing R-rated please."

Michael hid his blushing face in my chest and we both nodded. She left again, leaving us alone.

"Ruins my plans. I like that the hospital gowns have an open back." I smirked.

Michael squealed, trying to close the back of his gown. I reached down and squeezed his bum, making him jump out of my lap.

I lazily rolled over, putting all my weight on my elbow as I looked down at him, "When we get to Australia, I'm going to show you how much I love you."

"Just kiss me now. I can't wait." Michael mumbled, pulling me down to meet his lips.

"Kissing wasn't what I meant, but I'll take that offer."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Music

~Cookie Xx