36

"If you make him cry again I will make sure you can NEVER have kids. Do I make myself clear?"

"Crystal."

Calum roughly pushed Luke down in his seat before sitting down in Ashton's lap. For such a small size, Calum sure knew how to hurt and intimate people.

"Remind me never to make you mad." I joked.

Calum didn't find it amusing so Ash sent me a small smile. Ashton ran his hands down Calum's arm while talking quietly to the angry boy.

"Its alright, Princess." Ashton said soothingly.

I awkwardly played with the hem of my skirt, looking down at my feet.

"Sorry." Calum mumbled, "I just don't want you to get hurt."

"Its okay." I replied quietly, wrapping my arms around the boy.

We pulled away from each other and Luke pulled me into his lap. Luke hissed in pain and pulled his hands off my hips.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

He showed me his hands, which were full of red blisters instead of red fabric,"I went to the nurse after...i grabbed something out my car and she took all the glue off."

"With what?" I asked, looking at his scarred hands, "A curling iron?"

"Probably. I got detention for swearing the whole time." Luke grumbled.

I ran my hand against his outer thigh in an attempt to calm him down. He continued to sulk, setting his chin on my shoulder. He pulled me close using his forearms so he wouldn't hurt his hands.

"I'll sit in your car and read. I can wait for you." I offered.

"Seriously?"

I nodded. He carefully grabbed his keys out of his back pocket before handing them over to me.

"don't drive off." He winked.

I giggled, clipping the keys to my backpack.

"I won't."

/////

A knock on the window tore me from my book, scaring me half to death. Luke stood outside the car, smirking at me.

I rolled the window down and flashed him a smile.

"Nice snapback." He stated.

I pushed it off my head, completely forgetting I put it on in the first place. The sun was in my eyes so I put it on.

"Keys please." He asked, holding a, still red, hand out

I handed him the keychain and he came around the car. He got in and started the car up.

"I'm surprised you didn't drive off." Luke joked.

"Can't drive." I mumbled, getting back into my book.

"What? No, didn't I see your driver's license at your house?" Luke asked. "Tacked up on a board or something?"

"American. I can't drive in Australia." I said, closing my book.

I just finished it. It was a good book.

"Are you going to take the test?" Luke asked, reversing out of the parking spot.

"Nah. Too much work." I shrugged. "It's not all that important to me. I can walk pretty much everywhere."

He nodded, putting the car in drive and driving out of the parking lot. We were silent for a bit, just listening to people honking in the traffic.

"It smell like you in here. Like pure vanilla." Luke spoke up, turning the radio down.

"Well I'm in here and I have vanilla perfume on." I retorted.

"Yeah, but like, when I drop you off at your house it still smells like you." Luke said, looking over at me.

I smiled at the blond, reaching over to set my hand on top of his. Luke turned the radio back up, Ariana Grande was singing.

I hummed along, making Luke change his mind about changing the channel.

"Something bout something bout.." I sung quietly. "Something bout you make me feel like a dangerous woman. Something bout you makes me what to do things that I shouldn't."

"You have a good voice." Luke told me.

I blushed, "I don't really sing."

"You should." He replied. "Can you sing something for me?"

"I only sing in the shower. I don't know why I sang just a minute ago." I said, my fingers playing with my sweater paws.

"All the more reason for me to get in the shower with you."

"W-what?" I gasped.

Luke only smirked, offering no explanation. Ed Sheeran Thinking Out Loud came on, making me relax against the car seat.

"I love this song. Ed Sheeran is my favorite." I told Luke. "Nothing says romance like an acoustic guitar."

Luke smiled at me before turning his attention to the road where the traffic was very slowly improving. We had to take the long way home.

I quietly sang along, making Luke turn the radio down so he could hear my voice.

"Stop." I blushed.

"No I want to hear you sing it baby." Luke replied.

I gave up and sang to the older boy.

"Your voice is so perfect." Luke mumbled, kissing me at a red light.

"Thank you, babe."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cutie pies
Some references were made...oops

~Cookie Xx