#19 Normal Day

Maria POV:

It was around 9 in the morning and since Newt left the washroom and ran out, I haven't seen him.
I stand, my chest burning and one of my ribs are still broken obviously.
I walk out and look outside. It's extremely bright and covered with people. I go back inside and change clothes and brush my hair.
I walk out and bump into a lady.

Maria:"Oh I'm sorry"

Mary:"It's alright Maria."

Maria:"Mary! Hello."

Mary:"How are you?"

Maria:"Could be better but feeling much better than before."

Mary:"Amazing. You can go get some breakfast. There's a table for just you new ones."

Maria:"Thank you Mary."

I smile and walk past, moving to the kitchen area. I grab a plate and some food. Eggs, toast and cut up apples. I look around and see Thomas, Minho, Newt and the rest of the gang eating and laughing. I walk over.

Maria:"Hey guys."

Thomas:"Maria! Hey, come sit here."

He pats the right side of the bench and I sit down. I look over at Newt and he's just playing with his food, not looking at me.

Cole:"How are you?"

Maria:"Could be better I guess."

Cole:"That's good."

Maria:"Has anyone checked out Brenda?"

Thomas:"Yeah. She'll be up and running by tomorrow.

I smiled and ate my food. The eating area gets crowded and extremely loud. All I do is eat and look over at Newt. Who is laughing with Minho and Cole. I stand up and everyone watched me do so. I grab my plate, give it to the kitchen men and woman and walk back to the boys. I walk behind Newt and pull him away from the group and lean him against a rock mountain away from everyone.

Maria:"Why are you acting werid."

I'm grabbing his shirt and pushed him more.

Newt:"I'm not."

Maria:"Every time I look at you, you play with your food and you don't look at me.

Newt:"Well I don't always have to look at you and my problems arn't always about you and I don't need you putting in...Alright!"

He shouted and i got off of him. Letting go of his shirt.

Maria:"I Hate You."

His eyes widened and gasped. I pushed him and he fell back, landing on the sandy ground. I ran away, all the way to my hut. I walked in and I put my hands through my hair. I stood there for 20 seconds before someones hand appears over my mouth and felt a sharp pain on my back. I mumbled and looked up. It was Aris. He looked dark and he just stared at me.

Aris:"Now, don't scream or do anything stupid. I need you to stay still."

I stood still, terrified on what he will do. He grabs something and I feel rope be tied around my hands. A piece of cloth went around my mouth and he tied it. I couldn't speak or move my arms. He pulled ny outside, looking each way and dragged me onto a mountain peek. He pushed me into the shadows and sat down. Looking at the mountains far away and not saying anything for many hours.

Newt POV:

I walked back to the boys. I think Maria needed some time alone.
I was shocked though. She said "I hate you" just like one of my visions in my nightmare.

Minho:"Newt! Dude, stop pissing off the girl!"

Newt:"I didn't mean to! Let's just go."

Everyone gets up and walks over to the kitchen, giving them the plates.
We walk to Mary and she smiles at us.

Thomas:"Is there anything need to be done."

Mary:"Thomas! I need you to go check on Brenda. The rest of you. Go help the kitchen staff clean and then go to the wood stock, and go see Vince.

We all nod. I watch as Thomas leaves and we walk to back to the kitchen to clean.

■*7:00pm*■

It's getting late and everyone is chatting around different camp fires and having drinks. Minho, Cole, Frypan and I sit on top of a ledge on a rock, not far from everyone.
We see Thomas walk to us and we yell.

Newt:"Tommy! How ya doin!"

Thomas:"Good. Good. I'm just gonna go stand up there."

He points at a high ledge on a different rock mountain.

Minho:"Don't be an idiot and jump off alright."

Thomas:"I won't haha."

He jumps over us and walks away.

Thomas POV:

I stand on the mountain peek, looking at the sunset. I hear footsteps behind me and hear a girls voice.
I turn and see Teresa grinning at me.

Teresa:"Hello Thomas."

Thomas:"Teresa..."