#25 Not Immune

Maria POV:

Maria:"Your lying..."

Janson:"Nope. Here."

He gives me 3 pieces of paper stapled together. I search through it and it tells what they found. I am Pregnant.
The last thing it said on the last page was who the father was and how long I've been pregnant.
How do they know this early.
I've been pregnant for a month and the father...Is Newt.
The night at the camp...The night before I said I hated him.

Maria:"How do you know this. This early. Does He know?"

Janson:"I'm not one of them. Ava helped them figure it out. Our machines and research are better now and we can find anything we need to find. Newt does not know."

I touch my stomach.

Janson:"Now Maria. I know it's shocking but you still need to wait 8 months for it."

I look at him with teary but angry eyes.

Janson:"Alright time for a shower and time to see your friends."

He stands up and watch as he leaves through the door. I get up and put my hand out where the invisible wall is.
It's gone. I smirk and walk through the door way. I see the girl who serves me, Hilly, 2 guards and Janson.

Hilly:"Hey Maria."

Maria:"Hello Hilly."

She raises a towel and new clothes.

Hilly:"Showers are in there."

Maria:"Thanks."

I say with a smile. I walk into the shower commons and I get undressed and wash my self down, try to clean my self the best as I could.
I dry and put my bra and underwear on and I stand in front of a tall mirror and look at myself by the side. I curve my stomach with my hand and I still can't believe it.

Janson:"Maria. We don't have all day!"

Maria:"Okay!"

I put a grey shirt and brown jeans on and I brush my hair with my hand.
I stepped out of the room and saw Janson and Hilly and the two guards.

Janson:"Alright Hilly go back to the ward. I'll see you later, remember the pages. Follow me Maria."

Hilly waves her hand and I say bye. I follow Janson with two armed guards behind me. He opens a metal door and I see a group of people standing there. With more people sitting at tables around the room.
The people who are standing turn to me.

Minho:"Jesus, Marias alive."

I smile and everyone runs to me. Hugging and yelling at me. Except one person, Newt. Everyone realised and they backed away. I walked closer to Newt and he walked towards me.

Newt:"Hi..."

Maria:"Hey..."

I smiled and he giggled. I jumped and he caught me. We hugged for almost 5 minutes before we were rudely interrupted.

Janson:"If you all would sit down. It's time to tell you who are not immune to the flare the list should be here in a moment so please be patient. I will be back soon."

He leaves, shutting the door behind him and I stare back at Newt.

Newt:"It's been so long. I thought you were dead. I'm so happy your here."

He pulls my wet hair out of my face.

Maria:"I missed you so much. I was so alone."

Newt:"Your not alone. Not anymore."

He hugs me and I put my head on his chest.

Thomas:"Alright guys lets sit and wait for the Ratman to return."

We all nod and walk to one of the tables. I saw Cole and hugged him too before sitting down.

Cole:"I'm happy your okay too"

Maria:"I'm happy your okay alwell."

I sit beside Newt on my right and Cole on my left with Thomas in front of me.

Thomas:"So were you guys told if you were immune or not. I'm immune.

Minho:"Ahhh thats great but Neh dude."

Newt:"No."

Cole:"Nope."

Everyone said no and I spoke up.

Maria:"Yeah."

Newt:"What? Are you immune or not?"

Maria:"I'm immune I'm fine."

He smiled and held my hand.

Minho:"Good. I guess we'll have to wait to find out if we are."

Thomas:"So what were your last trial?"

Maria:"I was fucking stuck in a white room for a month. Same meal 3 times a day and hadn't had a shower till today."

Thomas:"That's what I had."

Minho:"I had-"

He was cut off by the door opening and Janson walked in with Hilly.

Maria:"Tommy, thats Hilly. She was my server."

She saw me and then looked at the floor.

Janson:"Alright everyone. I will call out the names. Please be aware that you could be the one and be close to another who isn't immune. Please be as calm as you can. The Non-immunes are..."

I held Newts hand tighter and I looked at Janson as he called names.
Nobody I knew was called out.

Janson:"...Delphine, June, Drake and..."

He stopped but didn't have any expression on his face.

Janson:"And Newt."

My heart sunk to my feet and tears formed in my eyes but they didn't fall down my face. I looked at the table and everything around me went quiet.