#35 Corner of Kenwood and Brookeshire, Apartment 2792

Maria POV:

I stood there with the piece of paper.

Minho:"Maria..."

Maria:"I thought I killed him."

Minho:"I guess he lived."

Jorge:"Well, we better get going if you wanna see this guy. He sounds great if you tried to kill him."

Maria:"He was stung and I'm sure he was controlled. He shot Chuck and I stabbed him in the chest."

I looked at Thomas and he was just looking at the ground.

¤Maria:"I'm sorry."¤

Thomas:"Guys before we go. Maria and I need to tell you something."

Everyone looked confused. I looked at him confused as well.

Thomas:"Maria and I are telepathic. We can talk to eachother in our heads. I can do it with Teresa as well."

Minho:"Wait what?"

Maria:"We can also see eachother when both of us are unconscious."

Minho:"Are you kidding?"

Maria:"I can try it. Came here Minho. I'll whisper something in your ear and I'll tell him it and he'll say it."

I whisper "Adelaide."

¤Maria:"Say Adelaide."¤

Thomas:"Adelaide."

Minho:"Shit!"

People walking by stared at us.

Maria:"Alright We need to go. Since we go that out of the way. I'll tell Newt when we get back."

Thomas nods.

He raises his hand to a car. It's a taxi and they wheat there window down.

Man:"Where to fellas."

Thomas:"Corner of Kenwood and Brookeshire, Apartment 2792."

Man:"Alright come in."

We all get into the vehicle and the man starts driving. I look outside and see posters of Chancellor Paige.

Maria:"Guys doesn't that look like Ava but with Brown hair and brown eyes?"

Thomas:"It does..."

Brenda:"That's who I was talking about Thomas. That's Avas sister. Helena Paige."

Maria:"Where is she."

Brenda:"Somewhere. Jorge and I know her so we should be able to find her."

Man:"Alright where here."

Jorge:"Thank you Hermano."

He gives him money and we leave the car.

Thomas:"Here goes nothing."

We walk to apartment 2792 and Brenda knocks on the door. It swings open and there stands. The Gally himself.

Gally:"You made it. Good job fellas."

He sees me and his eyes close alittle.

Gally:"Maria..."

Maria:"Gally."

Gally:"No hard feelings???"

Maria:"Well I was the one who stabbed you so. Yeah no hard feelings."

Thomas:"Good cause you don't wanna hurt that girl for atleast 8 more months."

Gally let's us inside and we sit on sofas.

Gally:"What?"

Maria:"I'm Pregnant. For a month and 2 weeks now."

Gally:"Jesus. Let's me guess, that shuck of a Newt is the father. Where is that slinghead anyway?"

Maria:"He couldn't make it."

Gally:"Hes not dead Is he?"

Maria:"No. something worse..."

I looked at Gally and he knew what I was talking about.

Gally:"That shunk...Hes not immune is he."

Maria:"No..."

My eyes teared up and I couldn't.

Maria:"You guys can discuss. I need some air."

I stand up and leave the apartment.
I lean against the wall of the apartment and crawl into a ball.

Maria:"Hey little guy or girl in there. I'm not sure if you'll have a daddy...I'm sorry."

I rubbed my stomach and looked down at it. I heard the door crack and I look up and see Minho standing there.

Minho:"Maria..."

Maria:"Minho..."

Tears ran down my face.

Maria:"I'm such a cry baby."

He walked over and kneeled down.

Minho:"It's just a girl thing I guess. I heard what you said, a second ago."

Maria:"I'm not lying. You know I'm right. Those things, cranks. You can't control them. Newt won't be able to be himself. He needs a cure and the only way that happening if I give up. Thomas won't be enough because apparently I'm that special."

Minho:"Maria! Stop thinking everything will go bad. That shunk of a kid can do anything. The flare is eating him bit by hit but he's still in there. There will always be the Newt you fell in love with in there no matter what."

Maria:"Your right..."

Minho:"Now let's go back in and see what Gally wants shall we?"

I nod and Minho helps me up. We walk back inside closing the door.