#42 Full Crank

Maria POV:

Maria and I watched as the 4 men took men take the infected man away.

Red shirt:"Alright munies. Follow me."

Minho runs into the doorway of the cafe, red shirt lifts his gun at him.

Red shirt:"Get out of the way."

Minho:"We're with them."

Red shirt:"Wait, are you guys munies too?"

Before the red shirt finished his sentence, Minho, Brenda and Jorge sprinted out the place. When we all ran out and the red shirt man tried to get them but they were already gone.

Red shirt:"Shit. 3 more would of made me more than a billionaire but I'm not waistin my day finding them. Lets go, down the street on the left, keep going down and then turn another left. We'll get there in 15."

We start walking. Thomas kept looking around, I'm guessing trying to find Minho and everyone else. We get to a car, a white van to be exact. We get pushed against the van. Thomas and I see a City Denver police car driving towards us.

Thomas:"Police?"

Red shirt:"It's fine, they patrol every night. Get in and shut up."

We get into the van and something goes off, a gun.

Thomas:"Get down!"

Thomas grabs my hands and head, pulling me down. Gun shots are heard, bullets fly by our heads. After it stops we lift our heads.

Thomas:"Are you okay. Did any of them hit you?"

He just kept scanning me.

Maria:"Tommy. I'm fine."

He sighed in relief.

"It's alright guys. Come out."

Thomas:"I know that voice."

Maria:"I do too."

Thomas pops his head out of the van and I follow.
The flipping Ratman stands before us.

Janson:"Thomas and Maria..."

Maria:"How the hell did you find us."

Janson:"It took alot of work but I'm not here to tell you about that. I'm here with another matter."

Thomas:"Spill it out."

Janson:"The flare. Usually people don't start being affected by it till the 9th month but Newt...he's in grave danger."

Maria:"What? How?"

Janson:"Newt will turn faster and before that baby's born, he should be full crank but the plus side that he stays himself, besides the angry temper and killer behavior. Most cranks turn full savage and don't remember anything. Newt, will remember you but won't be the Newt he once was."

My heart sunk. I knew it was going to happen but this soon, this can't be happening.

Janson:"You can help him. If you both come back to WICKED we can find a cure. After your baby of course."

Maria:"What about my baby? Like if I'm dead who will be there for it."

Janson:"We will take him or her of course. If Newt has the cure then maybe he can but we will keep them safe. Like we did with you."

I looked over at Thomas. He didn't want to do it even for Newt. He loved him but Newt wouldn't want us to sacrifice ourselves for his ass.

Janson:"I hope you two will join us. Contact or arrive at WICKED and we will start."

He walks away, goes into his car and drives off.

Thomas:"Maria?"

Maria:"Hmm?"

I realised I was crying. No I don't want to be crying not again. He wiped my tears away and leaned against the shot up van.

Thomas:"Your thinking ahout it arn't you."

Maria:"Yeah...Newt wouldn't want us to sacrifice ourselves for him though but I can't let him be one of them. Not for the rest of his life. He'll be a crank before our child is born and I don't want my baby to turn out like me. Never having a father by its side."

Thomas:"You remember your mother?"

Maria:"Slightly. My father never came into the picture. She would always bake me butter pecan pies and always sing a song to me...I don't know what to do Tommy. I can't live a life without him n-"

Minho:"Guys!"

Minho appeared from a building, Brenda and Jorge behind him.

Minho:"You shanks are alright. What happened?"

I wiped my face and looked at him.

Thomas:"Wicked i think?"

Maria:"Janson showed up."

Brenda:"What?"

Thomas:"He showed up, shot this dude to death then he appears. He tried to convince us that we need to go back to WICKED."

Minho:"Dude, you can't even th-"

Thomas:"Give me some credit! There's no way I'd go back, but maybe them needing us so much could help us. What we should worry about is Newt. Janson thinks that Newts succumbing to the flare than a normal person would."

Minho:"He really said that."

Maria:"MINHO! Yes he said it. Let's go now!"

Brenda:"It's turning night, they don't let people in or out of the city at this time."

Jorge:'That's the least of our problems."

I looked at Jorge with angry eyes.

Jorge:"Something weirds going on around here, muchachos."

Thomas:"What do you mean?"

Jorge:"People seem to have vanished in the last half hour, few people who are around here don't look right."

Brenda:"The scene at the coffee ship did send everyone screaming and I guess they returned home."

Jorge:"I don't know. This city gives me the flippin creeps hermana. Like its alive and waiting to unleash something horrible."

Maria:"Can we find a way to sneak out? We need to go to him. We need to hurry."

Brenda:"We can try but we need to catch a cab cause we're on the other side of the city.

Thomas:"Let's try it shall we."

We started walking and I looked at Minho. He looked upset and uneasy. I felt my heart hurt, Newt has to be okay.