#12 Escape

Maria POV:

I crawled into the vent and I heard voices, Thomas's voice and I'm assuming Aris is there with him. I crawl through and see an vent open. I crawl to it and I search around the room.

Maria:"oh my g-"

Someone covered my mouth and I was about to scream but I heard a familiar voice. Thomas.

Thomas:"Shhh. Get down."

I crouch with him and realise Aris is behind Thomas.

Thomas:"This place is what you said. It's wicked. Look."

He points into a room and a man is standing there, the Ratman is talking to Ava Paige but Ava is a hologram.

Maria:"Isn't she suppose to be dead?"

Thomas:"I guess In some way she faked it."

Maria:"I guess...Can we get closer."

He nods and we crouch closer to them. We pass things nobody wants to see.
People hanging with wires and needles sticking out of them. What are they doing to them?

Ava:"I'll be arriving a little sooner than expected. Tomorrow morning."

Janson"We'll be delighted to have you. I think you'll be pleased with the progress we have made."

He points to something and on the hologram screen shows documents and diagrams of brains.

Janson:"The results have been very promising. Specially Maria and Thomas. The things you have been doing, it's working."

Ava:"Not well enough. I want all the remaining subjects prepped for harvest by the time I arrive."

Janson:"Dr Paige, We are going as fast as we can. We are still running tests on many of them."

Ava:"Try something faster. Until I can guarantee there security, this is the best plan."

Janson:"The security here is absolutely fine. We are always on 24 hour lock down here, Im assuring you the assets are safe and secured."

Ava:"Have you found the right arm?"

Maria:"Who's the right arm?"

Thomas:"No clue."

Aris:"I've heard of it. Not sure though."

We whisper.

Janson:"Not yet. We tracked them as far as the mountains."

Ava:"So there still out there. Still a danger to us. They already have hit two of our stations. They want these kids as badly as we do and I CAN NOT, I can not afford another loss. Not now. When I am so close to a cure.
If you are not up to the task, I will find someone who is."

Janson:"That won't be necessary. A suggestion is to start on the newer arrivals."

Ava:"Just get it done already."

She turns and sits back in her holgramic chair.

Ava:"Janson. I don't want them to feel any pain. Definitely Maria and Thomas."

Janson:"They won't feel a thing. I assure you."

He turns and sets a smirk on his face.
He turns the hologram off and walks out of the room.

Maria:"That mother f-"

Thomas:"Maria...Let's go back Now!"

Maria:"Agreed. Let's go."

We run into the vent and crawl our way back. We return and everyone is back in the room and they all freak when we crawl out of the vent.

Minho:"Thomas!"