#37 Hans

Maria POV:

Brenda:"We're Leaving. Right now. Let's go!"

Everyone stands up and follows Brenda to the door. Except for Maria.

Maria:"Gally, do you swear everything you told us is true."

Gally:"Every bit. I promise. The right arm wants to take action they're planning something even as we speak. They need information about WICKED and who is better to us than you? If we get Teresa and the others too? That'd be even better. We need every warm body we can get."

I felt in my gut I trusted him. I knew Thomas did too.

Thomas:"What do we do if we want in? Do we come back here or go somewhere else?"

Gally:"Come back here. Any time before nine or so in the morning for another week. I should be around. I don't think we'll make any moves before then."

Thomas:"Moves?"

Gally:"I've told you enough for today mate. You want more. Come back. I'll be here."

We all nodded at eachother and I walked to Gally. Shaking his hand.

Thomas:"I don't blame you for anything. You saw what I did for WICKED when you went through the changing. I wouldn't of trusted me either. And I know you didn't mean to kill Chuck."

Maria:"Don't expect hugs every time we see you."

Gally:"The feelings mutual."

Brenda already opened the door and walked out.

Thomas:"We'll be back. Okay."

Gally nodded and we left the apartment.

Jorge got us in a small cheap motel after they purchased some food and clothes. Jorge and Brenda made a dozen of calls and Thomas, Minho and I were on the netblock searching.
My throat started to hurt and I felt sick. I didn't say anything and I just ran to the washroom and closed the door. I leaned over the toilet, further than I wanted because of how disgusting it was. Puke poured out of my mouth and it hurt. I cleaned my mouth with tissue and flushed the toilet. I stepped out of the washroom seeing everyone staring at me.

Maria:"Anyone have a drink I can have. That wasn't nice."

Thomas raised a can of apple juice.
I opened it and drank it.

Maria:"Thank you."

Thomas:"You need to sleep. It's 2 in the morning. We can do this without you."

Maria:"Okay."

Minho:"Everyone agrees? Maria and Brenda get the beds."

Everyone nods and I go lay down on a bed. It was soft but smelt awful. I lay there with my eyes open. I wish Newt was with us.

Maria:"Guys."

Minho:"Yeah?"

Maria:"When can we go back to Newt. Hes all alone."

Thomas:"As soon as we find Hans and he gets the things out of our heads, we will go see him. He can handle it. We had food and drinks in there so he'll be fine."

Maria:"I just-Okay...Goodnight."

Thomas:"Don't worry Maria. Goodnight."

Brenda and I slept in the beds. Jorge slept against Brendas bed and Thomas and Minho slept on the floor.

The next morning. We showered, ate, and put new clothes on. We got into another cab and went straight to the place Brenda found. Where hans should be. We got to the apartment and Brenda knocked on the door. A lady is who answered and she kept saying hans dosent live there but Jorge kept pushing. A grey-haired man peeked over the woman's shoulder. Which I'm guessing in Hans.

Hans:"Let them in."

He had a dark and gravelly voice, he sounded like he was atleast 80.
We walked in and sat at a rickety table in the kitchen. All we did was stare at the man named hans.

Hans:"It's good to know you're okay Brenda. You too, Jorge but I'm not in the mood to catch up. Why don't you just tell me what you want."

Brenda:"I think you know the main reason we're here but we need to hurry cause you have a bounty on your head and we need to get outta here."

Hans:"You've still got implants do ya."

Maria:"Yes. Thomas,Minho and I all do."

Thomas:"All we want is the implants out. We don't won't our memories back and I wanna know what you will do."

Hans frowned and wrinkled his face in disgust.

Hans:"What kind of nonsense is this! Who's this weak-kneed coward you brought to my place Brenda?"

Thomas:"I'm not a Coward. I've had to many people in my head."

Hans slammed his hands on the table and stood up. Leaning foward towards Thomas.

Hans:"Who said I'd do anything to your flippin head. Who said I liked you enough for that."

Minho:"Is there any nice people here in Denver."

Hans:"You idiots get out of my apartment before I throw you out."

Brenda:"EVERYONE, Shut up!"

Brenda leaned In towards hans.

Brenda:"These people. They're special and they are wanted by WICKED. We can't risk them getting close enough to start controlling them.

Hans:"They don't look special to me."

Maria:"Alright I'm done. I've had enough bullshit this past month so if you want crazy people walking around being controlled by WICKED that's fine by me. If your not gonna help us then we'll leave but the second WICKED finds us and controls us. We'll be here in minutes killing your ass."

I was standing up now. Hands on the table. I slammed them on the table since my hands sting in pain. He looked at me and nodded.

Hans:"Give me five minutes to prep alright."

He stood and dissappeared into another room.

Minho:"Shit Maria."

I smirked and sat back down.

Brenda:"That wasn't so bad."

Maria:"That actually helped me. I need to yell more."

We all leaved except for Thomas.

Maria:"Thomas?"

He was pale white and looked scared.

Minho:"Hey buddy. You scared?"

Thomas rested his elbows on the table, hid hands shaking snd putting his head between his arms, on the table.

Brenda:"Thomas? What's wrong."

He looked up.

Thomas:"I...Don't-"

He stopped talking, like his voice just got cut off. He sat up and leaned against the wall. His arms and legs started to move weirdly and he collapsed onto the hard tile floor.

Maria:"Tommy! Tell us what's wrong?"

His mouth opened to speak but nothing came out. Only drool.

I looked as his legs straightened and his arms did the same. He stood straight.

Brenda:"Thomas?"

Maria:"Thomas! Talk to us."

He started to move, twitching all over the place.

Minho:"You okay?"

Thomas's face went from pale to fear. What is happening to him? He started to move towards the room Hans went to and words spilled out of his mouth finally.

Maria:"Thomas?"

Thomas:"I can't...let you...do this."