#30 Promise me

Maria POV:

I just stood there. Hands to ny stomach and I couldn't look at everyone's face but I did.
I looked up and see the shock on everyone's face. Evens Newts.

Brenda:"Your pregnant?"

Maria:"Yeah, I'm pregnant..."

I looked at Newt again

Newt:"Is it mine?"

Maria:"Yeah, your the father..."

Newt:"I-I need some air. I need a bloody break."

He goes to Thomas takes the keycard out of his hand. He scans the key scanner and leaves the room.

Thomas:"I'll go check on him."

I nod slowly and Minho walks up to me.

Minho:"Hes just shocked ya know."

Maria:"I know but..."

Minho:"It's just Newt. He'll get over it."

Minho walks away, going to Brenda to check out the weapons.

Thomas POV:

I go outside and look down the hallway. I see Newt sitting down looking up at the wall. I walk closer to him and I see he's crying but has a smirk on his face.

Thomas:"Newt."

Newt:"Tommy..."

Thomas:"You alright."

Newt:"I'm going to have a bloody kid and I don't even know if I'm going to be alive to meet him or her."

Thomas:"Newt. Stop saying this. We will find a cure."

Newt:"Thomas. Stop lying to yourself. If there was cure. Wicked would of already found it. It's been what? 5 years and they found nothing when doing experiments on us."

I just looked at the ground. He was right. It's been so many years and they found nothing. I watch as Newt stands up. Wiping his tears away.

Newt:"So say any more bugging words. I'll be back. Just wait for me okay."

Thomas:"What?"

Newt:"I just need to get things. I'll be back okay! Just listen to me alright.

He turns and runs down another hallway. I walk back and see everyone prepping up.
We gathered as much stuff as we could. 3 more launchers and a box of ammo. I grab a launcher.

Minho:"That shunk is taking 15 minutes. How long does he need?"

Brenda:"He needed a break. Hes having a kid and he has the flare. No wonder the flare is getting to him, he's been stimulated too much-way more than an average person. So cut the kid some slack."

I looked at Maria. She was standing there with a launcher.

Thomas:"Well, there's nothing we can do about it until we get somewhere safer."

"Do about what?"

We all look at the doorway and see Newt standing there. I closed my eyes and ignored that I even said anything. I opened them agian and smirked.

Thomas:"Nothing, never mind- where'd you go."

Newt:"I need to talk to you, Tommy. Just you. It'll only take a second."

Minho:"What's this crap?"

Maria:"Minho!"

Everyone looked at Maria.

Minho:"Alright. Go for it."

Maria:"Hurry up. We need to go."

I nodded and walked out into the hallway with Newt. I put my launcher over my shoulder. I was scared and I didnt know what he was going to talk to me about. Newt lifted his hand with two sealed envelopes in the hand. One with an M and a T.

Newt:"Put these in your pocket."

Thomas:"What are they?"

I took them and looked.

Newt:"Ones for you and the others for Maria. Just put the bloody things in your pocket."

I did what I was told, confused and curious.

Newt:"Now look into my eyes."

He snaps his fingers in my face and I felt sadness overwelm me.

Thomas:"What is it?"

Newt:"You don't need to know right now. You can't know but you have to make me a promise and I'm not messing around here."

Thomas:"What?"

Newt:"You swear that you won't give that to Maria or read yours till the time is right."

I reached for the envelopes but Newt grabbed my arm.

Thomas:"When the time is right? How will I-"

Newt:"You'll bloody know. Now swear to me. Swear it!"

I saw him trying to keep it together. He wanted to be strong and I couldn't let him down.

Thomas:"Fine! I swear I won't give it to Maria and I won't read mine till the time is right...But why-"

Newt:"Okay! Break your promise and I'll never forgive you."

Thomas just stood there, watched his friend walk back to the weapons room. I put my hand over the pocket and turned and walked to the room as well.
I promise that I wont read it till the times right. But I honestly don't know when the times right.