#20 Taken

Thomas POV:

I stared at her. Not doing anything.

Teresa:"Tommy. I was hoping you would come up here."

Thomas:"Your suppose to be locked up. Why are you here?"

Teresa:"I had a little help. I'm sorry we had to do this. This was the only way."

I hear a buzzing nose and lights from behind me. I turn around and look and see two huge helicopters and plane, flying our way.

Thomas:"Teresa WHY?"

Teresa:"You were never going to come willingly so we have to force you."

I ran past her, pushing her out of my way and I run down. The Helicopters and plane fly by me and drop something in top of the camp.
Fire spreads everywhere and screams are heard.

Thomas:"NO!"

I run down, running to Brendas hut.
It's burnt alive. Was Brenda in there?
I hear a man yell my name and I see Cole.

Cole:"Take these. Where is everyone?"

Thomas:"Cole. I don't know."

Cole:"We'll find her. Let's go."

He runs around and we see Newt,Minho and the rest of the Gladers in the distance. We run to them and they have weapons by there side.

Newt:"Wheres Maria! I can't find her!"

Thomas:"No clue! We'll find her!"

We look around and I see Brenda with Vince and Jorge.

Thomas:"BRENDA!"

She looks over at us and her eyes widen.

Man:"GUNS DOWN NOW!"

We all lift our hands. I look around and see 10 WICKED Guards with there guns raised at us.
We get pushed to all the others taken hostage.

Newt POV:

We get pushed down into the sand.
The crowd gets quiet and we see Ava and Janson walk to us from the plane.
Teresa came up and stood beside Ava.

Ava:"Thomas...Newt...Minho and the rest of you...You really need to stop running away.

Janson:"You really need to learn your lesson."

Newt:"You need to learn yours. We will never be your subjects. We'll never listen to you."

Janson:"Well...Maybe some of you will after this."

He raised his hand and two people walked up to us. Aris and a girl, he pushed her and she lifted her head.
It's Maria. She isn't dead. She's Alive.

Newt:"Maria!"

I start to stand and run to her but guards stopped me.
She shakes her head and I see she's hurt and wet from all her sweat.

Janson:"Now will you listen."

Newt:"You bloody m-"

Ava:"Now now. We don't need you to kill eachother. Guys get them on!"

Guards start to grab people from the camp and put them on the plane.

Ava:"All we want is to find a cure. We need you. I swore an oath to find a cure and that's what I am doing, no matter what happens and what needs to be done. I just need time."

Lady:"You need blood."

I looked back and saw Mary.

Ava:"Hello Mary. I hoped we'd meet again. I'm sorry it had to be like this."

Mary:"I'm sorry about alot of things too but not this. At least my conscience is clear.

Ava started at her. Blank faced.

Ava:"So is mine."

A shot is fired and every jolts up from the sound. Screams are heard and I look around to see where it came from. Jansons gun is over avas shoulder faced at Mary. Maria screamed through the piece of fabric covering her mouth and I looked at Mary.

Thomas:"Mary..."

Vince:"MARY!"

Mary moved some of her jacket and revealed the bullet wound she had on her stomach. Mary fell backwards and Vince ran to her and held her in his arms.

Vince:"Mary...Mary MARY!"

She was dead instantly and Vince stared at Janson.

Ava:"Come on Janson. Put them in."

Everyone was standing now and we saw guards moving towards us.
A guard grabbed Thomas. He yelled at him and we watched as he elbowed him in the face and he pulled out a rectangler box. A bomb, with a switch in the other hand.

Thomas:"GET BACK. GET THE HELL BACK!"

Everyone was shocked and we just started at Thomas.

Janson:"HOLD IT!"

Thomas:"Let them go. Let them all go."

Janson was holding Maria now and Thomas looked back at her.

Ava:"You know, I can't do that."

Teresa:"Thomas please stop! I made a deal with them. We would be safe. We will be if you come with us safely. Please Thomas."

Thomas:"I'm suppose to trust you know?"

Ava:"It's true. The only condition to the plan."

Thomas:"SHUT UP!"

Ava:"Everything can go back to the way it was. Thomas, do you really want all of them to die."

Janson:"Listen to her Thomas. Think about what your doing."

Minho stared at me and nodded.
He walked up to Thomas and Frypan and I joined him. Standing by his side. He looks back at us and we nod.
I realised that I was tearing up and I stared at Maria. She was shaking her head, crying.

Ava:"No please don't."

Maria:"Please t-my. Do-Don't o this"

She mumbled that and I nodded my head. She just stared at me and I lipped something. "I Love You."
She stares at me and lipped "I Love You too" and she closed her eyes.

Minho:"Do it Thomas."

Frypan:"We're ready."

Thomas:"Were not going back there."

Thomas nodded and held the bomb tighter. Out of nowhere a huge sound is heard and we look to see a truck driving through the burnt down huts.

Jorge:"HERMANOS!"

We smile and run behind a rock.
Bullets flew by our faces and hit some guards. Ava and Janson ran to the plane with Teresa, Aris and Maria.

Newt:"MARIA!"

I ran to a dead guard and grabbed his gun. We ran to Jorges truck and I shot at guards chasing us. Minho shot and shot and stood still. He turned and ran towards Thomas and a electric bolt hit the back of Minhos neck. He jolted and I started to run towards him.He shook his head, fell onto s rock and Thomas grabbed me. Guards ran to Minho and grabbed him. I pulled away from Thomas and run towards the plane.
I stopped when I heard her voice, An angels voice. Maria.

Maria:"NEWT! Don't! They'll hurt you.
You'll Find us. PROMISE ME YOU WILL!"

Newt:"I PROMISE!"

The door of the plane shuts. They took Sonya, Minho, Maria and the rest of the camp. I watched as the plane and 1 helicopter flies away and disappears behind the mountains.
I drop to my knees and throw the gun against a huge rock. I close my eyes and screamed the loudest as I could.