#50 Delivery

Thomas POV:

I stand up and Cole runs to us. Maria groans and cole runs by her side.

Cole:"Your..."

Maria:"Pregnant! Yes now I'm happy to see you but this is very painful and I would love to push these baby's out!"

Cole:"Okay. I'll check on you later. I've missed ya."

He kisses her forehead and runs out of the room.
I sit back down and she holds her hand out. I grab it and hold it tight.

"Alright hunny, I need you to push okay. Hardest as you can."

Maria:"I'll bloody try!"

She tightens her grip and screams, pulling forward. The screaming and pushing goes on for a few minutes till a baby is in view.

"A boy."

Maria laughs.

Thomas:"It's a boy!"

We laugh together.

Maria:"Next one..."

She breaths in and out a few times and starts to scream and push forward.

Maria:"Tommy...I can't. It hurts so much."

I stand up and lean to her side.

Thomas:"You have to...that baby needs to come out. Its hurts I know but you have to do it."

Tears runs down her face. She nods and closes her eyes. She screams more and crys in pain.

"We got it. There ya go...It's a girl."

I smile and look at Maria. Shes sweating, in pain and suffering but she smiles through it.

Maria:"Can I see them."

Two nurses hand over the twins to Maria. She holds them in her arms and her smile widens. It's the biggest smile I've ever seen on her.
I lean in and look at the two baby's. The boy looks like Newt and the girl looks like Maria.

Thomas:"He looks like Newt and she looks like you."

Maria:"Yeah..."

"BABY'S!"

We look at the door to see Brenda, Minho, Jorge and many of the Gladers from the maze run in and cheer.

Minho:"What ya gonna call um?"

Maria reaches for her pocket and pulls out a slip of paper. I look at her, confused.

Maria:"Newt wrote this...saying a girls name and boys name...for the baby. Since I've had twins. I wanna use them both."

Brenda:"What did he say?"

Maria:"Lily and Miles."

Everyone smiles in joy and Teresa comes in the room. I see Maria push back and hold Lily and Miles closer to her.

Teresa:"I'm not here to hurt you Maria. I'm here to congratulate you and discuss our plans. To destroy WICKED once and for all."

Maria and I look at eachother questioning on what she just said, destroying WICKED once and for all?