3.) Run

Raine's P.O.V

I never even let Michael respond to me. I turned around and started to run.

I ran all the way home, not even caring if mum was there or not.

I ran until I got to my room and slammed the door shut. I collapsed onto my bed and screamed into ny pillow.

"Why me!" I screamed, tears pouring into the pillowcase.

I laid here and cried until I couldn't cry anymore.

I lifted my head and saw that it was nearly six so mum had to have left by now.

I changed into a a pair of sweatpants and pulled ny hair uo into a ponytail before I walked out of my room and downstairs to tbe kitchen where I saw Geoff standing.

"Wanna talk about it?" He asked and I just nodded my head.

"There is a new boy in town, and he wanted to hangout with me because I seemed cool. But I freaked out and told him no one would like him if he did." I confessed and Geoff frowned.

"Rai, you can't do that to yourself." He said and I looked down at my feet.

"I can't help it. Literally everyone at school hates me. Mum hates me. I'm sure my dad hates me. I don't understand why you don't hate me." I said, I would be crying if I had tears left.

"You never did anything wrong. You didn't ask for this life Rai. That's why I don't hate you. You can't help who you are." He said.

I grabbed a slice of pizza and walked into the lounge room and sat down on the couch.

"I just hate who I am so much." I said and Geoff frowned.

"It's not your fault."

"But no one wants to talk to me. They always shove me away or call me a freak. Why do they hate me?" I asked, and Geoff frowned again.

"They don't actually know you. They just know the stories about you and your mum. Maybe you can talk to this boy and see what happens?" He said and I smiled slightly.

"Thanks Geoff. I love you." I said and he smiled at me.

"I love you to Rai. What do you wanna do for the rest of the night?" He asked.

"Let's just watch TV. How about Criminal Minds? I could use some Derek Morgan to cheer me up." I said and Geoff laughed but nodded his head.

He went to where we left off on the show, on Netflix.

"I don't know what I would do with out you."