25.) Heart to Heart

Raine's P.O.V

When Michael and I walked in the house we both stopped in our tracks. Calum and his friends were standing there staring at us.

They totally saw us kiss.

Shit.

"Hey Mike. Hey Raine." Calum said with a slight wave.

"We were just leaving. See ya later Cal, you too Mikey." His one friend said before he walked out of the house.

The other boy stood and stared at Michael and I for a moment before he walked out the front door as well.

I hung my head and let out a sigh.

"I'm sorry if it's my fault they left." I whispered just loud enough for Calum and Michael to hear me.

"It's not your fault Raine. It's mine actually." Calum said.

I looked up at him, obviously confused. He smiled at me.

"What do you mean it's your fault? You guys have been friends for years, what did you do?" Michael asked.

"They noticed Raine's stuff and made a big deal out of it. I told them they could get out if they had a problem. They were about to leave when we looked out the window and saw you guys.." Calum explained.

"Ya know, kissing." Calum said with a smirk.

I looked down at my feet and I heard Michael laugh nervously. I let out a sigh.

"You saw that?" I asked quietly.

"Yeah. I did." Calum said.

I let out another sigh. I was about to apologize when Cal cut me off.

"I'm so happy for you Raine. You deserve someone who makes you happy." Calum said, and I looked at him with an eyebrow raised.

"I do?"

"Of course you do. You're so sweet and all these people who say they hate you, just don't know you." Calum said.

"I'll be honest, I know I have had my fair share of complaints since you're here. I made you switch rooms because I wasn't sleeping and I never thought of how that would make you feel. But the way Michael sees you, that's real. He sees past the bullshit people say about you. He sees past the bullshit you say about yourself. He just sees you Raine." Calum explained his thoughts.

I smiled at him a little bit.

I let out a slight giggle before looking over at Michael. He was already smiling back at me.

"He makes me see past all the bullshit. He makes me feel like I'm just me. Not some crazy mans daughter. Not the girl who gets bullied at school. Not the girl who was thrown out of her house. But a girl who can smile and laugh." I said.

"And I'll be honest, you do to Cal. I'm glad you and your family gave me chance. Thank you for sticking up for me."