>>14<< Akaward Plane Converstaions

{and we're back to Mae's pov!}

July 3rd

12 days

I talked to Brendon about missing the Dallas show, a show I really didn't want to miss, and he got one of the venue workers to fill in, which I was extremely grateful about. 

My phone lit up as Josh's FaceTime request appeared. I accepted and grabbed the small suitcase I had taken out from under the bus. Josh was slightly confused when he couldn't see me at first, but when I came back into the frame, he flashed a smile that could light up the darkest of days.
"There's my girl!" He exclaimed. Clothes were being switched from one suitcase to another while we exchanged our usual tour updates. After a while Josh realized I was doing something and asked about it.
"Oh, I'm just organizing," I lied, not bothering to look up.
"Cool," he was obviously expecting more of an explanation, but I couldn't quite give it to him yet.
"So," I changed the subject back to tour, which we seemed to talk about a lot. "Florida huh, y'all are there for a while. What are you planning to do?"
Josh let out a small laugh, "Since when are you a southern belle?"
I lifted my chin in triumph, "since I decided I was," We both failed to hold in our laughter, even though it wasn't really that funny. "Now tell me what you have planned!"
"I dunno, I'll probably end up wrestling an alligator or something y'know?" Josh replied, somehow managing to keep a straight face the entire time.
"Let me know how that works out for you," I, on the other hand, let a shadow of a smile peek through my lips.
"You'll be the first to know,"

>>>>>>>>>>>>
A few days later, Josh told me about his alligator experience and race track puke ( which by the way was more than I wanted to know).
The boys were currently on their way to Vegas, which made me super excited. Josh had asked for places to go, so I recalled all the trips to the Strip and gave him recommendations as I sat in the Nashville airport.

Cutie w/a camera: Cupcake atm, Bellagio fountains, shark reef, the touristy things are fun

Spøøky: thanks love

Cutie w/a camera: no prob bob

I boarded the plane, my small carry on in tow. I sat down by the window, and a tall, brunette man sat next to me. I glanced up at him to find emerald green eyes hiding behind round, thick frames. We sat in silence for a short while after takeoff, before he introduced himself.
"I like your benie," He pointed to the red 'twenty one pilots' one that my tangled hair stuck out of.
"Thanks," I replied with an awkward smile, I'm not huge on socializing with strangers, but he was persistent on carrying out a conversation.
"I'm Grant," he added, I looked up from 'Paper Towns'.
"Mae," After realizing I had no hope of avoiding the conversation, I embraced it. "So what brings you to the lovely Las Vegas valley?"
"Mostly just passing through, I'm on my way to California,"
Aren't they all? "Then why not fly straight there?"
"For the experience; to say I've been, see some stuff. You?"
"Visiting some friends,"
"Nice," Grant turned his attention to the in-flight entertainment, which was some movie I wasn't interested in. So I leaned on the window and tried to avoid jet lag as much as possible.
>>>>>>
"Mae," someone jerked my shoulder in an attempt to wake me up. I mumbled something along the lines of 'go away' in response. "we've landed, it's time to get off the plane," the persons laugh echoed through my ears.
"Fine," I groaned, opening my eyes to find Grant smiling down at me.
"I've gotta check in to my hotel," He glanced at his phone before turning it off. "have fun with your family!" Grant turned on his heels and headed down the isle.

It was great to be home.

{ahhhh it's short I know but this is what I got rn😁
~Abby}