>>2<< Show Time

Not long after I left Tyler and Josh, the show was in full swing. Fans jumping and singing along, Josh drumming his heart out, and Tyler screaming made for some great shots, some I might even keep for myself. Much to my surprise, before Screen started, Tyler called up all the ukulele players that had a uke with them. I hopped on stage to get a few pictures when Tyler stopped me from leaving. "You play?" He gestured to his ukulele.

"A little" I shrugged

"sick! Hold on, Josh keep the crowd occupied for a bit!" Tyler ran backstage. Josh grabbed the mic and began entertaining the crowd with a few corny jokes and puns before Tyler returned, two ukuleles in hand and a huge smile on his face. It was too good of a shot to refuse. "Give it up for Josh Dun everybody!" Tyler yelled holding up one of the ukuleles in his hand. The fans screamed and cheered in response. A few "I love you Josh" s were shouted and laughter followed. Until finally Tyler began is ukulele orchestra. He handed me one of the two ukuleles and carefully took my camera and handed it to Josh, who handed it to a crew member who looked vaguely familiar. Tyler instructed four small groups of ukulele players to play Screen. When everyone was trained the entire music hall joined together in what had to be one of the most moving songs I had ever heard. Piano, drums, and harmonizing ukuleles brought everyone together that night. It reminded me of what music can do for people. It can bring them together, out of dark places, help them bond with people that know what they are going through. And it's amazing.

>>>>>>>>> <<<<<<<<<<<<<<

I met Tyler and Josh backstage, as promised after the show.  While waiting for them, I scrolled through the 5,752 pictures I has taken tonight. I had been on stage, standing on a platform in the middle of the crowd, and on the floor, surrounded by broken, struggling, loving people who had found a reason to stay alive. I realized where I was and my inner fangirl flipped. I texted Liz, my best friend and fellow clique member, to come down to hall, and to bring anything she wanted Tyler or Josh to have. Within a matter of minutes she was outside, I grabbed her arm and dragged her inside, flashing my staff pass to the multiple security guards.

"Why did you need me here?" Out of breath Liz asked. I pulled up the picture of when I met Josh on stage while they were setting up. "Oh. My. Gosh. You freaking meet Josh!? Wh-" she was cut of by an all to familiar voice.

"Mae?!" We both whipped our heads around to see where the voice originated.

"Mark?!" I got up and ran to him. "What even are you doing here?!?! Why didn't you call? You know what I don't even care, I'm just glad you're here."

I pulled him into a hug. "1. You'll see. 2. I wanted to surprise you. And 3. It's great to see you too" Mark replied, breaking free of my death grip.

  You see, I've known Mark for a long time. Like elementary school long time. I met him one summer when I was visiting family in Cincinnati, we hung out, exchanged emails, and kept in touch. During high school we would hang out during spring and winter breaks. "Okay, but can we talk about how cool Trees was?!" I couldn't help but ask, I kind of had an unhealthy obsession with Josh and Tyler.

"It's pretty sick, I came up with the platform part," Mark countered.

"What do you mean you came up with it?" I asked, unaware of the discovery I was about to make. Familiar voices interrupted our conversation.

"I doubt we will"

"Dude, you totally will,quit denying destiny" Tyler spoke to Josh as they rounded the corner, obviously oblivious to the room full of people they were entering into. Liz sat in shock, almost dropping her folder full of artwork and letters. Mark squeezed around me to talk to them.