Chapter 1

Brooklyn's POV-

Packing the last of our boxes, we crammed them into the car. I stared out of the window watching my house slowly fade away; as if it were a vague memory. Life was going to change for me. I had lived in Florida my whole life. But now, I was going to have to make new friends and adjust to my new home. I am going to be a Junior at Rainier High School in Washington. Frowning, I looked over at my little sister Paige who was sobbing, snot running out of her nose.

"Mommy, w-why do w-we have to g-go?" She stuttered.

"I told you sweetheart, Grandma is very ill and I want to be able to take care of her. She hasn't been doing well ever since Grandpa passed away." My mother said trying to sooth my six-year old sister.

I closed my eyes trying to avoid a headache from Paige's crying. Like Paige, I didn't want to leave. I had to leave my best friend Rachel. It would be hard to live in an unfamiliar place. I guess I will get used to it...sooner or later.

...

After a few days of driving and Paige's nonstop crying, we finally made it to Washington. Tall Evergreen trees loomed over us. The lush green grass danced in the wind. Washington was actually a beautiful place. I mean, it isn't as warm as Florida, but it was just right for me. My new home was a two story house with four bedrooms. After carrying all the boxes inside, I headed to my new room and began to unpack.

The house was new so my room was painted a light shade of blue and my bed was already put together. I found the box with my bedding and began to make my bed. Afterwards, I began to put my clothes on hangers then into my closet.

I collapsed on my newly made bed, not caring if I messed it up. I was exhausted. If only I could just close my eyes for a few- Just then something jumped on me. I grunted and opened my eyes to see Paige.

"Wooow. Brooke! You're sooo lucky! You have a porch-thingy!" I looked around to see what she was talking about. I was surprised I didn't notice it when I first got there.

"You mean a balcony?"

"Yeah!"

I headed over to the door and opened it, Paige behind me. Getting a good look at my backyard, I noticed that behind the fence was a trail leading into a forest. I caught a glimpse of a pair of yellow eyes I jumped back. Blinking a few times, I looked back where I saw the eyes and they were gone.

"I'm probably just tired." I mumbled.

"Brooke! Paige! Come get your lunch." My mom yelled from downstairs.

I slowly walked down the stairs and sat at our new kitchen table next to Paige. My mother decided to make Peanut Butter and Jelly for us.

"Thanks." I say biting into the sandwich.

"Are you girls excited to go back to school?"

"Not really. It's going to be harder for me to fit in. Everyone has known each other for at least a year. I'm going to be an outcast." I replied frowning.

"No you won't sweetie. You are my little social butterfly." With those words, I smiled.

"I know..."

"Sweetie, don't worry about school. You will be just fine." My mom gave me a tight hug. She was always the one to comfort me. Even in the toughest times. My father left us when I was younger. She never told me why and whenever I brought up the subject she would make up some excuse and leave the room. So, I just stopped bringing up the subject and when she was ready to tell me then I will know.

She is quite beautiful with her long curly brunette hair and brown eyes. I had icy blue eyes and curly brunette hair. My mom would say I got her hair and I was splitting image of my father despite his raven black hair. Some of the pictures I came across gave me no choice but to agree. Paige looked nothing alike them both. She had wavy blonde hair with green eyes. Even if she can be a little annoying, she's still adorable.

...

A few hours later, after watching some 'Pretty Little Liars', my mom sent Paige and I to our rooms to go to bed. It was only 8:00 p.m. but we had school in the morning and we just arrived at the house today. I sighed and went to brush my teeth in my bathroom. Once I finished, I headed to my balcony door and locked it. I just hoped that those huge glowing yellow eyes were just my imagination. One can hope...

A/N: This chapter must be kinda boring...I didn't want to start her off with school. It should get better don't worry;) If you want to make covers for this book that would be amazing. I will post them on separate chapters for the story. Just PM me<3 I hope that you guys liked this chapter. I will try to update daily if not then every two days. I am doing a theater camp right now so don't kill me if I don't update.

Please:

Like

Vote

Comment

Follow me<3