Chapter 5

"Hello, I came here to get my cousin-" Alexander looked up to the ledge where Scarlett and I were spying.

"I'm so sorry Scar for not taking you back home with me. I had...issues that I had to deal with." He made sure he empathized that word. I caught onto that but shook it off. Scarlett scoffed but nodded in understanding. I was trying to figure out what they meant, but thought it was best to just drop the subject. Alexander looks at me gratefully. "Thank you for taking my cousin here when I was unable to be there for her." I nod with a smile.

"I'm just glad I was fortunate to find a friend like her." Scarlett gives me a quick hug and grabs her stuff, following Alexander to the car.

"PRACTICE YOUR FRENCH!" He yells at me before he shuts the door. I laughed at his little joke. That was my excuse to not look at him. I run back upstairs and check the clock that is laying beside my bed. It was half past six. I'm thinking I can go and pick up some take out or maybe fast food. Running to the top of the stairs, I yell "Hey mom! Do you want me to go pick up something to eat?"

"Sure, Sweetie! That would be helpful. I'll try and get groceries tomorrow. Where are you thinking of going?" I considerate for a minute thinking of places we like.

"Umm, McDonald's for Paige. I'll get her a Happy Meal or something. For you and me, do you want Subway Sandwiches?" I walk down the stairs and go into the kitchen where my mother was cleaning.

"That's fine. Let me write down what I want." She jots down what she wanted on her sandwich and handed me the paper. I took it, grabbed my purse, and headed to my car. Starting the car, I get in and begin to drive. Heading to McDonald's first, I go through the drive through and order Paige's meal.

"Can I get a Happy Meal please with a small lemonade." I asked.

"Yes, Chicken Nuggets or a cheeseburger?"

"The Chicken Nuggets please and, can I get a side of ketchup too please?"

"Yeah. You can. Will that be all?"

"Yes, thank you!" She told me the total and I picked up Paige's food, stealing a fry. Afterward, I drove to Subway and ordered our food. Minutes later, I was at home with an overly excited sister.

"Thanks Brooke!" She smiles and shoves a chicken nugget in her mouth. I hear a gasp from behind me and an excited squeal come from Paige.

"I got a mini stuffed cat! And it's pink!!!!!" She opens the package eagerly as my mom and I laugh. My mom thanks me as I take my food to my room. I turn on my computer and start listening to music. My favorite song comes on and I jump off my bed, nearly choking on my sandwich.

"Come on, come on turn the radio on,
 It's Friday night and I won't be long,
 Gotta do my hair, I put my make-up on,
 It's Friday night and I won't be long..."  My voice echoing throughout my room was a beautiful melody. I'm a good singer, but I am a horrible dancer. Attempting to dance, I fall face first on my floor and started laughing. I should really take those lessons my mom offered to put me in. The beats of the song put me in a great mood. It's really amazing how music can affect you moods.

"Baby I don't need dollar bills to have fun tonight
(I love cheap thrills)
Baby I don't need dollar bills to have fun tonight
(I love cheap thrills)
But I don't need no money
As long as I can feel the beat
I don't need no money
As long as I keep dancing" 

I dance to the song, awkwardly, but I had fun just being a teenager.

"Til I hit the dance floor
Hit the dance floor
I got all I need
No I ain't got cash
I ain't got cash
But I..."

Glancing at the food that was laying on my bed still, I decided to finish my food. I go to close my curtains and I could've sworn I saw something move. Those woods are quite mysterious, indeed. After I finished my dinner, I began to get ready for bed. Once I finished, I decided to go over some French. For Alexander's sake at least. Looking at my phone, I see I had a text message from Scarlett.

Scarlett: Hey! What Movie do you want to see tomorrow?

Me: Umm. Anything really. What do you have in mind?

Scarlett: Suicide Squad?

Me: OH GOSH! HELL YEAH!

Scarlett: Great. We can talk about this later at school tomorrow:))))

Me: Sounds great!

Turning my phone off, I plug it into the charger and collapse on my bed. I curled up into my bed, wrapping the many layers around my fragile body. Closing my eyes, I was swept away into peaceful dreams...for now. Little did I know, my life was going to go downhill starting tomorrow. Whether I liked it or not.

A/N: Another filler chapter. Sorry it was shorter than it usually is... It must've been kinda boring for you guys but it should get better<3 Haha back to my Spanish quiz, I got 100% and I got to update yesterday!!!!! My updating schedule should be every 1-3 days. I love it when authors update often and not like once every week. Thank you guys so much for reading. If there are any grammar mistakes, feel free to tell me. What do you think is going to happen to Brooklyn? Don't forget to follow me;)

xoxo,

iiFor3v3rWrit3r

Like.

Vote.

Comment<3