Chapter 12

The next day, I awoke to the sound of muffled voices coming from outside my room. After getting the clothes yesterday,  Scarlett had found an empty room that would be safer for me to be in. The door opens and I see Alexander holding a tray and Scarlett held a small box.

"What's all that for?" I ask rubbing me eyes, trying to take out the tiredness.

"Brooke, what day is today?" Alexander looks at me with a slight grin.

"Honestly, I have no idea." I sigh putting my hands on my head. Scarlett and Alexander share looks of astonishment and then focuses their attention back to me.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" They shout in unison. I blinked my eyes. It was my birthday? How could I have forgotten.

"Thanks, you guys didn't have to do this." I say eyeing the mouthwatering doughnut lying on the tray.

"Yes we did, we are your family as of now, until of course you reunite with your family." A lady I have not seen before walks into the room, speaking. She had blonde curls that reached past her shoulders, kind eyes that would bright up someone's gloomy day.

"I'm Mrs.Quinn but you can call me Janet. And I've heard all about you and that-" Alexander shoots her a quick glare that doesn't go unnoticed. They start having weird facial expressions although they are not communicating out loud. Almost as if they were communicating through the mind. Is that even possible? I crinkle my eyebrows in confusion and sit back down on the bed.

Janet sighs and turns to walk out of the room. "I'll see you kids later. Happy Birthday dear." And with a quick 'thanks' she left the room in silence.

"Here Brooke. This is from Alex and I." Scarlett breaks the silence by handing me the small box. I open it and the box reveals a small necklace, a moon and wolf attached to a silver chain.

"Things are happening Brooke. We can't just sugar coat the truth from you. If something happens, you can mind link through this to us. Werewolves can mind link. You won't need this anymore if you somehow get a mate and are turned...They keep finding us Brooke. They know we're here."

"Who knows? The pack that's after me?" Scarlett nods.

"You're safe here, but if something goes wrong..." Alexander trails off staring at a speck on the wall.

"There's extra protection, our wolves are guarding every entrance, day and night, just to keep you safe." Alexander looks at me seriously, putting his head in his hands.

"You don't have to do that. They don't have to. Why am I so important?" I ask in confusion. Standing up, I streched.

"You will never know how important you are. Some werewolves have gifts, like me. I can see bits and pieces of the future. Good and bad. I can't prevent it, nor can I tell you what I see because I'm an apprentice, but let me say, you are important." Scarlett's green eyes bore into my blue ones, trying to figure me out; like a puzzle.

A figure suddenly runs into the room, taking no notice of me.

"Alexander!" The man says urgently. "Mrs.Woods and her youngest went missing. Nobody knows where they are. For all we know, they could be dead." It was Sebastian.

"Even-" My breath caught up in my throat, fear creeping up my spine. Sebastian turns to me with wide eyes.

"I'm going to get some air." I walk out of the room quietly and started sprinting down the stairs and outside the door. I ran into the garden, where a labyrinth stood before me...Pushing through the maze, I finally ran out of breath and let it out. I sobbed, hot tears trailing down my cheeks. I curled up into a ball and leaned back against the leafy wall. They couldn't be dead...or missing. That's impossible. I could hear voices shouting around the area. Alexander, Scarlett, and Sebastain were looking for me. I just wanted to be alone...

But I wasn't alone...Not at all. I stop crying and listen to my surroundings. Trying to become aware. I hear loud growls and hell broke loose. The whimpers and snarling told me to get up and run. But I didn't, instead of walking away from danger, I walked towards it. Four men and a woman lay on the ground unmoving. I would have thought them to be dead if I hadn't seen the slow, rapid rise and fall of their chests.

They all had gashes on their body's. Deep ones. Their clothes were torn as if they tried turning, but somehow failed. A man watched my reaction from a distance. He had filthy brown hair, looks almost as if he hadn't washed it in weeks, clothes filled with weapons, and was double my height. He slowly smiled, revealing a silver tooth, and began to walk towards me.

I did the only reasonable thing...I screamed. Hearing Alexander yelling at some of his pack, he attempted to find where my screams were coming from.

"DID YOU DO THIS TO THEM!?!" I ask angrily.

"Yes, and now I'm going to do the same to you. Although, my alpha does want you...alive." The man said threw clenched teeth.

"Your father almost murdered my son...so I'm going to do the same, then take you to my alpha so he can turn you and do what he wants with you, then and only then I will make you suffer twice the pain my son did!" He spits in my face pulls out a knife. I gasp and stumble back into a tree. The man plunged the knife into my stomach, and fled when he saw Alexander and his other pack members.

Scarlett and Alexander run over to me while Sebastain and part of the pack went to catch the man. I gasp and pain and fall to the ground, blood draining from the gash.

"BROOKE!" Scarlett lays my head on her lap while she puts her hand in the handle of the knife. "Know this is going to hurt, but remember, we are trying to help you." She pulls it out and I scream in agony. Crimson blood was spilling everywhere. At that moment, Janet, the Luna, runs toward me with a face full of horror. She immediately regained herself and wrapped some cloth around my body. Too weak to get up, I get scooped up by Alexander, sparks shooting through my body, making us both gasp. The feel of needing to be with him grew immensely, as I buried my face in his chest.

"Impossible." I look up to see his eyes darken. Before everything before me went black, I heard one last thing...

"S-She's my mate."

A/N: Hopefully you guys liked this chapter. It's almost 11:00pm and I tried to fit this in before I went to bed. Thanks for reading <3333

Like.

Vote.

Comment.