Chapter 16

"Sophia Baker" My new name, my new life. I was no longer seeing things, and I felt better than before. Looking out the car window, I watched the tall buildings blur past. Rachel and her mother were taking me home. Since they didn't want Alexander to track me and find my old house, I would be living in their emergency one.

Rachel's mother had brewed a potion that I had to drink every so often to keep my identity a secret. I couldn't expose myself, I can't go back. Honestly, I don't belong in that world. I'm too weak and I can't defend myself. I felt so helpless when Silver had attacked me.

About an hour later, we reached the small house. Thankfully, it was a few minutes from the school, so I could walk. Rachel handed me a potion bottle and lead me into the bathroom.

"Drink it. We need to see if it works." She said softly. I took a swing of the bottle, gulping down the bitter taste
Gagging at the taste, I fell to the floor as my skin bubbled up. As I stood up, the mirror reflected a totally different person. My soft brunette hair was gone, replaced with blonde bouncy curls. I looked at my eyes noticing they were no longer blue, but a gentle green. My body was thicker than it was before, a little healthier. When I was recovering from the hallucinations, I lost a lot of weight. It was weird to be someone who you haven't seen change from the years.

"This is so weird, and that stuff tasted like crap." I cringed remembering the taste.

"Suck it up buttercup, you'll get used to it. Plus, they won't be able to find you like this." Rachel placed an arm over my shoulder and sighed.

"I have to go. We'll be back to bring food regularly and the potion. Enchantments are placed all over the house so you'll be okay. Oh and," She smiled at me,"you start school tomorrow." As she left, I slid down the wall and groaned.

"Great. Now I have to be the new girl all over again."

***
Alexander's POV:

"BROOKE!" I scream at the top of my lungs to the fading figure running into the woods. Clutching the note tightly, I  yelled out in anger. She was going to get hurt, and if I can't find her, there's nothing I can do. I hate Emma. I hate her so much! That bïtćh just had to hurt Brooke by saying those words. No wonder she'd believe it.

But Brooke wasn't a burden, she was the light to my darkness. Little did she know, that my past had been pretty harsh. My older brother Aiden died in battle against rouges. He and I, we were inseparable. Aiden was supposed to take over the pack, not me. Ever since he died, my parents sent me to that High School to try and calm myself and start over. When I found out Brooke was my mate, I couldn't keep my eyes off her. I had to keep her safe, that was my job.

Shifting into my wolf, I chased after her trying to pick up a scent. I mind linked some of the pack members and told them I needed help with finding Brooke.

'Why did she leave?' Sebastian said worridly.

'She overheard what Emma was saying to her and she thought she was a burden.' I growled thinking what a bìtćh Emma was.

'I will head back to school next week. Perhaps she wants to live a normal life.' Sebastian tries to reason.

'Very well, go. I'm going to keep searching.' And with those words, I cut the connection off and my heart leapt. I caught a whiff of her sweet scent and followed it. Following the scent, it stopped at the very edge of the woods and onto the road. She was gone. I don't know where she is...She's gone, and I'll never find her again.

I laid on the forest floor and whimpered.

"I failed..."

***
Brooke's POV:

I didn't know what to do now; for I was alone. There was nobody to comfort me, nobody to talk to, nobody to laugh with. Just nothingness. I just had to wait for tomorrow, when I could just live my life again, although it wouldn't really be my life would it? It would be Sophia Baker's life. My mother and Paige are gone to who knows where and my father...I don't know where he is, I don't know if he's dead or alive. Finding the nearest bedroom, I collapsed on my bed and cried. I cried for my parents, I cried for my sister, and I cried for myself. No matter what happens, my life will never go back to the way it used to be.

My life had been tampered with paranormal life. It always has. Now I can never live a normal life; Graduate high school, go to college, start a family, even get a job. I can never go back, for I am stuck in my own little world.

I can never go back...

A/N: I'm sorry this was a little shorter than usual. I was trying to stretch the plot out a little farther along for what happens later. I've got something in mind that may make some of you happy and some of you may want to kill me. BUT trust me, it's not a death (Hopefully XD), but it's a plot twist;) If there are any typos let me know, it's probably the stupid auto correct in my phone...Thank you for reading and I'm sorry I haven't updated the last week. Yesterday I got my flu shot(I hate needles XD) and Monday I have an audition at my theater. *Crosses fingers* Hopefully all goes well!!!
Anyway, stay tuned for the next chapter:D

xoxo,

iiFor3v3rWrit3r

QUESTIONAIRE:

-Who is your favorite character in this book?

-Who is your least favorite character in this book?

- Would you stay in the paranormal world or leave like Brooke?