lucy

I woke up to a pounding at the bedroom door the next morning. I previously had a detailed dream about Luke somehow - and it wasn't a crazy dream either. In my dream, we were doing something, such as cuddling and watching a movie. But it felt like we were... something more. I can't explain it. Lately, Luke's been acting quite different and honestly strange around me. I haven't seen him in person in like a day but through his texts he begs me for him to come over, gets sad when I tell him he can't, and whines about how much he misses me.

I don't know if it's sweet, or annoying. Right now it's just strange.

I let out a groan, "Who is it?"

"Luke?" Luke's mum, Liz, spoke on the other side of the door. "Get up you lazy boy, your brothers are here."

I quickly sat up in the bed, patting my long messy hair down so it could be neater, even though it won't matter. "I'll be down in a few minutes, mum!"

I hear her walk away and I scrambled to my feet, taking my time yet rushing to look exactly how Luke would look. Not too much (yes, apparently "too much" exists) like Luke, since it is the morning. And everyone knows that no one looks good in the morning.

I walked down the stairs and caught sight of two older boys standing in the middle of the living room. Remembering Luke telling me their names, I greet, "Hey Ben, hey Jack."

They turned towards me and shouted in unison, "Luke!"

Taking me by surprise, they both pulled me into a bone-crushing hug as if they had thought that they would never see me again.

"Guys, let go or you're going to break every bone in my body," I huffed, trying to pull away from them.

They hugged me tighter, despite my protests. Ben spoke, "We just missed ya, bro."

Finally after they released me from their death grip, Jack asked, "How was the tour, man?"

I don't know, I've never been outside anywhere out of Australia.

Okay, play it cool Lucy.

"It was amazing," I tell them in excitement, them smiling at my words. "Hearing the crowd repeat the lyrics you wrote is one of the most incredible feelings ever."

It's a dream of mine. Singing and performing to thousands of people, I mean. Being myself. Not being "the female version of Luke." Just Lucy Hemmers, the rising pop-star. However, I've struggled with this dream due to my family troubles in the past. I just couldn't financially do it. And knowing that if this prank works out for the best, I could possibly be on my way to a music school with Luke's help.

I've just... I've just never been that close to my dream before.

"That's great, dude," Ben said, "tell us more about it in the car."

I raised my eyebrow. "In the car? Where are we going?"

"Mum wants us to have a family day," Jack explains. "So we'll be out all day together. She's had this day planned out since the first day you went on tour."

Luke's relationship with his brothers apparently appeared to be pretty good. I don't have any siblings but I always had this idea that siblings are to supposed to fight and act like they hate each other. I guess I was wrong.

Hmm.

-

My feet hurt from walking so much. When Ben and Jack mentioned that we'd be out all day, they weren't kidding. Liz had us spend most of the day at an amusement park (which was pretty fun), then at the mall (which was pretty tiring), then out to eat. Now it's midnight and I finally get to rest on Luke's comfy bed...