lucy

"I swear to fucking God if someone asks if I'm Luke Hemmings-"

"You'll kill them." Marina rolled her eyes. "You've been saying that for the past three hours, and can I just state matter of factly, you haven't killed anyone."

I huffed. "Well, sorry if I take some offense when people mistake me for a boy."

"A very hot and talented boy," my best friend points out. "He's Luke Hemmings for crying out loud! He's the lead singer of a band who's from our own damn country!"

"A band that I don't even like," I reminded her.

I don't hate 5 Seconds of Summer. I don't. Just because I don't take a particular liking to them, doesn't mean I hate them... simply because I don't know them. If I knew them and they were complete assholes, then I would hate them and-well, you get the point.

"Still, you have to admit, the attention on you is great." Marina flips her light purple (with teal lowlights) hair over her shoulder and smirks at me.

"Have you just met me?" I rolled my eyes. "Mar, you know I hate attention."

"I was kidding," she replied. "But what if he actually tries to contact you? Like, 'Hi, is this Lucy Hemmers?' And you'll be like, 'Yes, who is this?' And he'll say, 'Luke Hemmings, I hear you're the female version of me-'"

"He's the male version of me," I corrected, interrupting her.

"Whatever," she says, obviously annoyed that I ruined her little imagination.

"I'm older than him. So it would make much more sense if you reversed the male and female concepts-" I began to explain.

"Lucy, I repeat, whatever. And when I say 'Whatever' it means that I absolutely do not care," she said, rolling her grey eyes at me. "And plus, you're only older than him by three hours."

"Three hours make a difference," I said.

"Does it really matter? I mean-"

Our pointless conversation was interrupted when my manager and friend, Danny, bursted into the break room, panting as if he'd just run a marathon.

"Lucy, you got a shit ton of teenage girls waiting outside the store for you," he informs me, while trying to catch his breath.

"How do you know they're for me?" I questioned, puzzled.

"Well, for starters, they're wearing 5 Seconds of Summer shirts," he says. "Also, the fact that they're holding signs with you and Luke Hemmings on 'em kinda tips me off."

"How did they find out where I worked?" I asked, particularly to myself.

I worked in a record shop called Stony's, quite a barren place than most shops. But I love it here, I basically grew up here.

"I don't know," Danny said. "But I'm gonna open up the shop while Marina sneaks you out the back. Don't want you getting mobbed, and plus, once they find out you left, maybe they'll have a look around and buy the whole store out."

He chuckled to himself as I gave him a confused look. "Why do you want me to leave? I'm only on my break, so I haven't finished my shift."

"Like, I said before, I don't want you getting mobbed. Or hurt," he answers. "I'm giving you the day off. You seemed tired, anyway."

I gave him an appreciative smile and said, "Oh, uh, thanks Dan."

Marina grabs my arm and races me out the back, which thankfully wasn't crowded with teenage girls. We run to my car, and I quickly start it up before anyone notices.