lucy

"Where the hell have you two been?" Calum spoke jokingly, swatting me on the arm.

"Yeah," Michael says, in sync with Calum. "Did you guys finally get lucky?"

Ashton's eyes widened, along with mine. "What?"

"You know, with your dates," Calum clarifies, furrowing his eyebrows. "When you ditched us during movie night, you told us you were going on a double date."

"I told you, Cal," Michael smirked. "That must've been a cover story so they could fuck each other. I knew Lashton was-"

"I swear I'm going to murder you violently one day," Ashton growled in annoyance.

"Yeah, can you please stop it with the whole Lashton thing?" I groaned. "We were just doing stuff with our dates. And no, we did not 'get lucky,' in fact, it didn't work out with our dates."

Calum and Michael snickered for a bit, then Calum cleared his throat. "Is that why you look so sad, Luke?"

My eyes widened, and I profusely shook my head. "I'm not sad, what gives you that idea?"

Michael shrugged. "When you came in the room, you had this gloomy look on your face. Plus your eyes are a little red, suggesting that you've been crying lately."

We were all at Michael's house in his man cave. It's funny to think that just a few months ago, Michael made a move on me in here after I killed him in video games. So long ago...

"Unless you've been getting high," Calum says, raising his eyebrow. "Lukey, what have we told you before about doing drugs?"

I rolled my eyes. "I don't do drugs, guys. I'm fine, honestly."

I glanced at Ashton who gave me a sympathetic look, as if he were to say, "I'm sorry I didn't warn you about this." I sighed and focused my attention back on the two other boys.

"You know," Michael spoke up, sitting up from the couch. "Lately, Luke, it seems that we haven't been seeing a whole lot of you."

"What are you talking about?" I furrowed my eyebrows. "We see each other all the time."

"I know I have been seeing him a lot," Ashton muttered.

Calum looked at Ashton. "You set yourself up for the jokes, you know that right?"

Ashton rolled his eyes and Michael continued to speak. "Yeah, we see you in person, but whenever we see you it's like you're in another place, like you're mentally distanced."

"Distanced from us," Calum added, giving me a sad smile. "You never really tell us what's on your mind. You disappear for a few days and when you come back, you act like a whole different person. We're worried about you, mate."

It was silent for a few moments, until Ashton said, "Damn, it just got deep in here."

I bit my lip, not knowing exactly what to say. "I didn't think you guys noticed anything... off about me."

Calum scoffed. "We've been friends for so many years, how could we not? We really care about you, mate. Just tell us what's wrong."

Wow. These guys aren't always just about pranks and other shit when it comes to Luke. They really do care about him. They're there for him, they're true...

I wish I had a friend like that.

Marina comes to mind and I force myself not to cry. Despite what Luke told me earlier about how it's okay to cry, I wouldn't take any chances in doing so right in front of these guys.