luke

I woke up and she was right there. Lucy was wide awake as well, her bright eyes that replicated mine were staring right at me, and when she noticed that I was awake, she quickly looked away with both sides of her face flushing. She had been staring at me when I was asleep, and I just caught her red-handed.

"You're cute," I smirked at her, reaching out to touch the side of her face.

"Of course I am," she speaks in her morning voice, pushing my hand away with hers. "We have the same face, you know."

I find myself catching her hand with mine and intertwining our fingers together, the smirk on my face growing bigger. "Aw, are you saying I'm cute? Lucy, you're so sweet."

She rolls her eyes and squeezes my hand a little tighter. "Of course I am."

I chucked, my thumb rubbing gently over her knuckles. "I've been to almost every place in the world, you know."

Lucy lets out a huff. "I get it, you're a heartthrob."

I smiled. "But I've never woken up to a view more beautiful than this."

Lucy's face flushed again, and all I wanted to do was to kiss every single inch; her forehead, her nose, her lips...

"Yeah," she laughed, scooting a bit closer to me. "You sure are a heartthrob."

We stayed in silence for a few moments, just admiring each other's presence. It was nice. No. It was way more than nice. It was a profound moment; a moment Shakespeare would write. I wish I could write as beautiful as him, so that I could compose the most perfect song about the most perfect girl.

"I want to breathe you in like you're vapor," I mumbled in a sigh. "I want to be the one you remember."

Lucy smiled. "You could write a song with those words."

Maybe I will.

Suddenly a phone buzzed quite loudly, and it turned out to be Lucy's. Well technically mine since we switched our phones and well, you get the point.

"It's the guys," she says with a huff and a pout, along with the roll of her eyes.

"You don't like them, do you?"

"They're cool guys, believe me. Sometimes they're annoying, but I like them," she tells me. "It's just that..."

"Just what?" I questioned, furrowing my eyebrows. "Tell me, Lucy."

"I don't want to leave this bed," she says, and glances from the phone to me. "I don't want to leave you."

"So don't leave me," I said. Feeling her fingers slip through my hand, I held on tighter.

"If you want the prank to work, I have to," she chuckles, releasing her hand from mine. Suddenly my hand felt empty and cold, and abandoned.

"What do they want?" I let out a soft groan, finding myself frustrated at life.

"They want to hang out," she tells me, tapping away on the phone.

"But you guys hang out everyday," I pouted. I was probably annoying Lucy by now, but I didn't care at the moment.

"Isn't that the normal thing you guys do?" Lucy sits up, removing the covers on the bed from her body. "I have to hang out with them."

"No, no, no," I repeat profusely, standing up along with me. "Don't leave me."

I ran over to her and clung onto her body. She shakes her head, "Luke, let go. I have to get ready."

"No," I stated. "Stay with me. Hang out with me today. Let's have some Luke and Lucy time."