lucy

I know what you're thinking.

That I am insane.

Don't worry; I'm thinking the same thing as well.

Pretending to be a famous lead singer of a punk pop band just so he'll pay for my education? It sounds wrong, and I feel really guilty for doing it, but... I saw the way Luke's eyes brightened while he talked about his idea. He seemed so excited, as if this prank would mean the world to him.

I didn't want to disappoint him.

So basically, I'm not doing this for myself - completely. It just happens that if I go through with the plan, I'll be able to go to university.

I walk into my apartment, my mind distracted and surrounded by thoughts. What if his band members figure out I'm not Luke within the first few minutes? What if one of them finds my pads for, you know, that time of the month?

I shuddered. I hope they don't get too touchy for me.

"Lucy!"

Marina yelps and scares the shit out of me, running over to give me a big hug.

"I have great news to tell you!" she exclaims, pulling away from me with both her hands on my shoulders. "Oh, your heart is beating fast, love. You okay?"

"Yeah," I say breathlessly. "You just scared me. What's the great news?"

She squeals, taking my hand in hers to drag me to the couch. We sit down, our hands still intertwined.

"Okay, so Marlina's was mentioned in a magazine, recommended for being the top makeup company in Australia!" she tells me.

I smile. "Oh my God, Marina, that's fantastic!"

"Yeah, now I'm looking for a next big project I could be involved in that'll make headlines!" Marina says, then sighs. "But I don't know what to do, that's the problem."

An idea popped into my mind. A completely selfless idea that will give me another reason as to why I should do Luke's prank.

"I know what you should do," I begin to say.

Her eyes widened. "You do? What?"

"Um, I have to explain first, it's a long story," I said.

She nodded. "Alright. Explain, I'll listen."

"Okay... so you know how I'm the female version of Luke Hemmings?" I take a deep breath. "Well, I just met up with him-"

"You met Luke Hemmings! Holy shit, Lucy!" Marina exclaims, then gives me a puzzled look. "Wait, but I thought you didn't care for him or for his band?"

I sighed. "I didn't, but you see, the sole purpose of our meeting was to form a prank."

"Huh? You're planning a prank with Luke Hemmings?"

"He wants to prank his band members by him and I doing a switch-a-roo type of thing. I pretend to be him for six months, making his band mates believe that I'm actually him."

Marina gasped. "So you're going to be a lead singer and perform on stage in front of a thousand fans? Can you even replicate his voice?"

I shrugged, clearing my throat to prepare to speak in a manly tone of voice. "I don't know, how does this sound?"

She jumps up and shrieks. "Lucy, don't do that again! That's creepy! You sound exactly like him!"

"Okay, okay," I laugh, going back to my normal voice.

She sits down and raises her eyebrow at me. "Are you really going to do this?"

I nodded. "Yeah. I'll be him for six months while he'll stay here, trying to be on the down low."