luke

I let out a groan of frustration after getting off the with Lucy, who informed me that 5 Seconds of Summer is going on a surprise tour next week in America. I desperately wanted to scream at our manager.

We were supposed to be on a seven month break WITHOUT touring.

I pace the room back and forth, wondering what we should do. I thought this was supposed to be easy. Why is everything suddenly becoming so complicated?

I recall the previous phone call I just had with Lucy.

"Luke!" Lucy squeals excitedly, and I found myself chuckling in amusement.

"Yes?"

"Guess who's going on a mini tour on the East Coast of America," she says, and I could practically see the large smile on her face.

"Hmm," I spoke, not getting whatever she's hinting. "I dunno, All Time Low?"

"No, silly," she huffs. "Your band!"

"Funny, I've never heard of Your Band," I commented. "What a crappy name for a band, by the way."

"Luke?" Lucy sighs.

"Yes?" I say.

"You're a fucking idiot, you know that?"

My eyes widened. "Well that's not very friendly, coming from a friend. Why am I an idiot?"

"It's 5 Seconds of Summer," she said, sounding extremely frustrated with me.

"What about us?" I shrugged, starting to become confused with this whole conversation.

"Oh my God!" she groans in annoyance. "5 Seconds of Summer is going on a mini tour in America! Damn! Do you understand now, Luke?"

I let out a gasp. "What?"

"Don't make me explain it again."

This could not be happening. Just when I thought everything would be fine and the prank would go smoothly from now on, a ginormous bird called Life just had to take a large crap on it. What the hell am I going to do now?

"Oh shit," I muttered. "I knew I should've called off the prank."

"Luke," Lucy says.

"And I'm sure you don't even want to go to a new country, out of the blue," I continued, ignoring her. "I'm so sorry, I'll try to work this out-"

"Luke, take a deep breath," Lucy tells me with a laugh. "It's fine."

"It is?" I asked. "Are you sure? Have you even performed on stage ever in your life?"

"No..." she mumbles. "But I could learn... From you?"

"Really?" I grinned. "Why are you so insistent about this?"

"I don't know... I guess this could be a learning experience for me," she said honestly. "I've never had a formal education on music."

"Neither did I."

She laughs. "Well, I'm kind of excited about this... I want to see what performing in front of a huge crowd is like. If that's okay with you?"

I bit the bottom of my lip. She does sound quite stoked on this tour. However, by doing this, we're not just playing a prank on Michael and Calum (since Ashton already found out). We'd be expanding the prank to our fans and the media. We'd be fooling a really huge fanbase.