luke

"Right here."

She stood and stared at me as if she was a deer caught in the headlights. Her shocked expression twisted into a puzzled one, but I didn't blame her; I wasn't sure what I was doing here myself. It was an impulse decision, really... or it may have been partially the enforcement from Marina.

Lucy's lips twisted into a small, awkward smile. "What are you doing here, Luke?"

I let out a deep breath, shrugging my shoulders. "I don't know."

"You don't know?"

"I just figured that we should talk things out in person," I spoke, finding myself saying the words before even thinking them. "Texting is just too... impersonal, don't you think?"

I take a step closer towards Lucy, watching her carefully as she takes a step back. "I thought we agreed on just being friends."

"Is that what you want?" I asked, raising my eyebrow. "I mean, is that what you really want, for us?"

"To be honest, I don't know what I want," she admitted, chuckling slightly at herself. "I'm confused."

"I'm confused too," I said. "I'm confused about a lot of things, but mostly about you."

"Why are you confused about me?" she asked, defensiveness starting to show in her tone.

"Because I know you didn't run away from me because of the prank," I said, laughing a little. "You ran away from something else."

Lucy takes a seat on the bed, glancing at her lap. "Maybe I did."

I sit down next to her, looking directly into her eyes. "Do you want to know what I want?"

She nods her head.

I took a deep breath. "I want to take you out for dates, I want to hold your hand, I want to kiss you, I want to laugh with you, I want to do stuff with you, and I want to fall in love with you. I want to be your boyfriend. I know that that can be too much to take in, and that it can be overwhelming; but I promise you I would wait a thousand years for you to be ready if I could. If we ever start a relationship, I don't want it to be one-sided. Now you know my feelings for you."

Lucy looks at me with wide eyes, her mouth falling into an "o" shape. "Luke, I feel the same way towards you."

I smiled, taking her hand in mine. "You do?"

"Yes," she says. "But I'm scared."

My smile dropped. "Scared of what? Me?"

She shakes her head profusely. "Definitely not you. I'm scared of myself."

"You're scared... of yourself?" I spoke, slightly bewildered.

"I'm scared of falling in love," she clarifies. "I've been with a few people who get up and leave before they gave me a chance."

"You know I would never get up and leave you," I assured her.

"But how do you know that?" she asks.

Once again, I'm prepared to go into a rant. "Lucy, we have the same face yet we're not related. I look at you and it's like looking into a mirror, so I know that you'll always be with me even if you're not physically there. And I know I can never leave you because I'm always there with you. It's kind of the package deal when you have two people with the same features."

"Luke," Lucy says, "I know we have the same face and everything, but we're also so different."

"I know that."

"You're going to leave because you're the lead singer of a popular band which means lots of tours which means leaving me behind. I'm just a girl with a not-so-great past who happens to look like you," she says. "So why me? Why do you choose me, out of all people?"

I laughed. "What other people? As far as I'm concerned, right now you're the only person in my world."

She opens her mouth to speak up but I continue to talk, "And yeah, we're so different but I like that. There's no chance in hell that I would ever leave you over a few tours that will never last forever. 'Cause Lucy, you are the one thing that I want to be permanent in my life."

She stares at me for a while, before glancing back down at her lap with a silly smile on her face. She giggles a bit with I lift her chin up with my index finger so I could look right back into her eyes.

"What's so funny?"

"I think I know my feelings now," she replies. "I think I know what I want."

"What do you want?" I asked, leaning closer towards her.

She grins at me for a second before going into a bit of detail, "I want to be your girlfriend. I want to take long walks on the beach as cliché as it is. I want to dance and sing and kiss in the rain. I want to cuddle at night and hang out all day. But there's one thing I also really want."

"Tell me," I stated.

"I want to go out not pretending to be you and you having to hide from everybody else," she says, a sad smile on her face.

"I can-" I begin but she cuts me off, reading my mind.

"No, Luke, we're not calling off the prank," Lucy declared. "You care so deeply about this prank and I know you would regret it if were to be interrupted. The reason I find this prank important is because I care about you, it's not even about sending me off to university anymore. I care about you and I won't let anything happen to risk what you've always dreamed of, even if it's a prank on your bandmates."

My heart's literally never beaten this fucking fast in my life. The more she spoke - the more her words sounded so endearing - the more I wanted to be with her. I had the biggest temptation to kiss her but due to her speech, I know I won't be able to do so for a while now.

My hand cupped her cheek, and I found myself whispering, "Thank you, thank you for not letting me give up."

She leans into my touch. "No problem."

"And you will go to university," I promised.

She nodded, seeming to pay more attention to the way I touched her than go my words.

"And we will be together in the end, when this is all over."

"Of course," she says in a low voice.

I furrowed my eyebrows, starting to become suspicious of her current state of being. "What's wrong, Lucy?"

"I just want to kiss you and I don't think I can control myself any longer," she admitted, biting on the bottom of her lip.

I smirked, brushing a piece of hair out of her face. "Then kiss me. Let it all out, baby."

Before I knew it Lucy straddled my lap and pressed her lips to mine, kissing me deeply. I grabbed her waist instantly as we fell back on the bed, forgetting the world and our current situation and everything that had surrounded us.

It was only us.

-

I woke with her in my arms, the clothes we had worn yesterday still on our bodies. I smile as the sun hit her face, giving me a perfect clear view of her.

This is what I want the most. For sure.

-------------------------------------------

•sorry this is short (it's 2AM)

•no they did not have sex

•the prank won't be over for a long time, remember I must stick to the plot of this story

•thank you to all my readers, you guys are absolutely lovely. <3 -Isabella