lucy

"Luke. I'm with Luke."

The words fell off my tongue so fast I most likely didn't even mean to blurt them. I didn't even have time to process them in my mind because before I knew, they were spoken out loud.

And to be honest, they felt quite right.

Danny's face was covered with an expression of pure sadness, making me feel extremely guilty for not reciprocating the feelings. I truly hope that this moment won't put a dent in our friendship, because I really do like him as a friend.

"Luke?" he spoke, glancing behind me. "You're dating Luke?"

I turned back into Luke's gaze. He had the biggest smile on his face right now, and I desperately wanted to roll my eyes and tell him to grow up.

"Yeah," I nodded, feeling like this was all supposed to happen. "I'm dating Luke."

I turned back to Danny who attempted to mask his sadness and disappointment with a look of understanding. "Oh, well I guess that makes sense."

"What do you mean by that?" I questioned, eyeing him curiously.

Danny glanced down at his feet. "You like guys like him. He's your type. And frankly, I think you guys are perfect for each other."

My eyes widened at his words. "Really?"

He nodded. "God, I was so stupid to even try to go after you."

"You're not stupid," I shook my head, smiling at him. "You're sweet. I know you'll find a great girl someday and that you two will be really happy together. I promise."

Danny sends me a small smile, but I could tell on the inside his heart was breaking. "Thanks, Lucy."

"We're still friends, right?" I raised my eyebrow. "Please tell me we're still friends."

"We're still friends," he nodded his head awkwardly. "Now if you'll excuse me, I've gotta go do some paperwork in the office."

He walks away, his shoulders slumped and his movements slow. I truly do feel bad for rejecting him, but it's not my fault that I don't feel the same way. My feelings for Luke are apparently strong, considering that I mentioned his name without even thinking about it.

I walked towards Luke and Marina. Marina smirked, "You know what I'm going to say."

I smiled lightly. "And I'm going to give you the joy of saying it."

"I told you so," she says, obviously basking in her own glory. "I fucking told you so."

I turned towards Luke. "What about you? Are you going to saying anything about telling me so?"

Luke gives me a sloppy grin as he shrugs his shoulders. "I have a lot to say to you right now. But I'll save it for later."

-

Marina leaves to go to work, leaving Luke and I alone in the apartment. I basically pushed her out the door after she tried to give a lecture about protection and sex advice and well, you get the point.

I lean my back against the now locked door, looking at Luke who was right in front of me. "Luke Hemmings."

"Lucy Hemmers," he responded.

"Earlier at Stony's you told me you had a lot to say to me and that you were going to tell me later," I speak, finding myself taking a step closer to him. "Well, now it's later."

"Indeed it is," he nodded his head, taking a step closer himself.

"Tell me what you have to say," I demanded.