Chapter 2 - Fallen Sick

It was the next day, and Frisk was just sitting up and yawning, after having a good nights sleep. She couldn't remember the last time that she had actually been able to sleep well, without freaking out in the middle of the night over some stupid nightmare she had.

She felt like talking to Sans about how she had been feeling, had maybe lifted a weight off her shoulders. Somehow, she didn't feel like Sans hated her so much as she thought. She did feel that maybe there was at least SOME hatred there, but she felt like she couldn't really blame him... After what she did...

Shaking her head, she sighed trying not to think about it. Just as she was about to climb out of bed, she almost felt like she was going to jump out of her skin, when she heard Papyrus' voice booming through the wall in San's room. Raising her eyebrows in wonder, she climbed out of bed, quickly got dressed and made her way through the hall across to Sans' room and knocked on the door.

"IS THAT YOU HUMAN?" She heard Papyrus' voice on the other side of the door. Taking a grasp of the handle she opened the door to find Papyrus standing beside Sans' bed.

"What's going on?" She wondered, stepping inside.

"WORRY NOT, HUMAN. SANS HAS JUST GOT A LITTLE SICK, THAT'S ALL."

"i told you, i'm fine..." Sans muttered under the covers, sounding tired. That's when he sneezed. Frisk chuckled a little, but then rose a brow.

"I didn't know skeletons could get sick. How does that even work...?" Then she thought about how stupid that question sounded. Sans and Papyrus were monsters – not in a mean way – but that's just what they were classed as. And of course, they were living things. Unlike humans, if you're a skeleton, well, you're dead. So, it kind of made sense. Making her way further into the room, she now stood beside Sans' bed.

"Papyrus, why don't you go make Sans some of your spaghetti?" Frisk wondered, looking across to Papyrus. He seemed a little surprised by this, but then a smile lit up his face.

"YES! I, THE GREAT PAPYRUS, AS A LOVING BROTHER, SHOULD GO MAKE MY BROTHER SOME OF MY DELICIOUS SPAGHETTI!! I'LL BE BACK SOON AFTER I HAVE MADE IT! NYEH HEH HEH HEH!"

Frisk grinned, staring after him as he left the room. Turning her attention back to Sans, she placed her hand on his forehead. "Man, you're frozen to the bone."

"heh, very punny kid." Sans smirked. Sighing, he closed his eyes. "you don't have to try and look after me ya know. i'm not as sick as i seem. i'm just tired."

"Yeah right. You were worried about me getting sick yesterday. But instead it seems like you were the unlucky one." She smiled. "I'm gonna make sure that you get better as soon as possible. Don't want you being sick on Christmas after all, since it's not even that long away."

"i guess so..." Sans opened his eyes and sat up. Frisk rose her eyebrows a little, as she noticed that Sans had his blue gaster eye, rather than his normal white pupils. Sans noticed that she seemed a little startled by this, so he started to explain.

"don't worry kid. i'm fine. it's just... my power goes a little... weird whenever i get like this. it's a stupid annoying thing."