Chapter 16 - Stackin' Hotdogs

"hold still kiddo!" Sans chuckled. He was standing upon the desk of his sentry post, trying to balance several hot dogs on Frisk's head.

"I'm trying!" She giggled. Sans had already managed to successfully stack 20 hotdogs on the kid's head. However, they were getting too far up now for him to reach. He furrowed his brow in thought. Then, as an idea came to him, his face lit up. Seeing his brother, Papyrus, standing not too far away from them, he started to wave him over.

"hey! papyrus! mind if you could throw us a bone?" He shouted. Papyrus stared across from where he was standing, looking bewildered. Walking over the snowy ground of Snowdin, Papyrus gave his brother a look of disapproval.

"SANS! JUST EXACTLY WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! ARE YOU ACTUALLY WASTING YOUR TIME JUST STACKING HOTDOGS ON THE HUMAN'S HEAD?" Papyrus boomed. Sans shrugged.

"that... wasn't really the help i was lookin' for. but thanks anyway, bro. i'll be sure to listen to your advice any other time." Sans casually replied, not even looking his brother in the eye as he was trying to stack another hotdog on Frisk's head. Papyrus looked like he was already going to explode with frustration.

"SANS! I DON'T THINK STACKING HOTDOGS ON FRISK'S HEAD IS WHAT YOU SHOULD BE DOING RIGHT NOW! MAYBE, YOU SHOULD BE USING YOUR SENTRY POST LIKE YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO! TO WATCH OUT FOR OTHER HUMANS THAT MAY COME THROUGH HERE!" Papyrus shouted.

"but uh... didn't you kinda already befriend a human...? i mean, i AM at my post... i'm juuuust.... on break... so are you gonna help us or not?" Sans sighed. Papyrus' brow twitched in anger.

"SANS...." He gritted his teeth together.

"if you help me get to at least thirty, i'll get back to work." Sans winked. Papyrus stood, as he crossed his arms looking thoughtful.

"OKAY! FINE! IF I DO THIS THEN YOU DO YOUR JOB! OKAY!"

"uh huh." Sans nodded. Papyrus sighed, as he stepped over to stand in between Sans and Frisk. Uncrossing his arms, he took a hold of Sans and lifted him up so that Sans could reach much higher than he could at his normal stature.

"thanks bro!"

"JUST GET ON WITH IT, WILL YOU?" He complained. Frisk was just standing there, staring into space, as her friend was balancing another hotdog on her head.

"just one more... i've almost got it... just... stay still..." Sans muttered, clearly trying to concentrate to balance a final one on top. Just as he was about to balance it, Papyrus frowned, feeling his arms starting to shake.

"SANS! TO TELL YOU THE TRUTH, I DON'T THINK I CAN HOLD YOU ANYMORE! YOU'RE TOO HEAVY!" Papyrus moaned.

"hold on! hold on, i've got it! i've--"