Chapter 23 - Don't Think About HER

"i think they're making progress." Sans said proudly, as he Frisk and Papyrus were sitting at the bar, inside Grillby's. It had been a couple of days since Asgore and Toriel's night out, and it seemed the two were already starting to get on a little better.

Frisk smiled over her shoulder, seeing Toriel and Asgore, sitting at one of the tables with Flowey sitting on top of the table. All three of them looked pretty cheerful, almost as if they were a real happy family again.

Of course, Toriel and Asgore had no idea that Flowey was really their dead son, Asriel. But Flowey thought it was probably best not to drop the bombshell on them about it. At least, not yet. After all, they had already gone through a lot.

"I just want them to be okay for now." Flowey had told her.

Frisk beamed to herself happily. When she had first went to find Flowey, she was hoping to somehow help make him a better person. It seemed that it was slightly working, even though he still had him moments of just being downright rude and threatening. But that was just the way he was. Even Sans seemed to come to that realization now, and whenever Flowey spat insults at him, or threatened him with anything, Sans was just able to laugh along and drop it.

She was so happy people were starting to get better around here. Though, it always came back to her, she always wished she could have did the same for Chara. But it just seemed with Chara, that there was no hope for her. No matter what they did, she was always out to get them. She showed no signs of stopping her plan on trying to erase everything from existence. Frisk felt like she and Chara could have been friends, if Chara wasn't so downright insane.

"It's good to hear the king and queen getting on better now." Grillby said, placing a ketchup bottle on the counter for Sans. Sans gave him a thankful smile and nodded.

"IT MAKES ME HAPPY TO SEE THEM NOT RIPPING INTO EACH OTHER ANYMORE. I'M SURE WHEN THEY HAVE FINALLY WORKED EVERY LITTLE THING OUT, THEY'LL BE BACK TOGETHER. HEY, MAYBE WE SHOULD THROW A LITTLE SURPRISE PARTY FOR THEM. WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK?"

"a surprise party huh?" Sans repeated, as he took the ketchup bottle away from his mouth. "sounds like a cool idea. i haven't had a party in a long time. what about you frisk, what 'cha think? you up for a little celebration party?"

Frisk rose her eyebrows in surprise. Relaxing her face, she nodded and smiled. "Yeah! Sounds good to me!" Frisk agreed.

****

Later that same day, during sometime in the evening, Frisk was leading her mother, Toriel and her father, Asgore across the front yard of Sans' and Papyrus' house. The two of them were blindfolded and were extremely confused.

"Okay, we're there! You can take off the blindfolds when I say." Frisk grinned, taking both their hands and leading them inside.

"Okay well what's the occasion because I--" Toriel was saying. At that moment, the room that they were standing in, was erupted with voices.