Chapter 7 - Who Is W.D Gaster?

"Sans! We're back!" Frisk shouted, as she and Papyrus came through the front door. She waited for a reply, only to not get one. "Is he still asleep...?" She muttered under her breath. "Papyrus, I'm just going to check on Sans, okay."

"DON'T WAKE HIM, HUMAN."

"I won't, I won't." Frisk reassured him.

Arriving at Sans bedroom door, she carefully opened it and peered inside. However, it was too dark for her to really see clearly from where she was standing. Quietly tip toeing inside, she edged her way towards San's bed and her eyes widened.

"PAPYRUUUUUUUS!!!!" Frisk screamed at the top of her lungs. Confused and startled, Papyrus suddenly burst through the door with a feather duster in his hand as a weapon.

"WHAT IS IT HUMAN?! DO NOT BE AFRAID! I, THE GREAT PAPYRUS, SHALL PROTECT YOU!"

"I-It's nothing! It's just, Sans is gone!" Frisk cried, pointing at his empty bed covers.

"WHY SO CONCERNED HUMAN? HE MIGHT JUST HAVE GONE TO GRILLBY'S OR SOMETHING." Papyrus shrugged. Frisk bit her lip in thought.

"But he doesn't seem well! He should rest! ...Wait, why did he have to rest. What happened while I was gone?" Frisk wondered.

"WELL, ER..." Papyrus thought for a moment. "HE SEEMED STRANGELY FREAKED OUT WHEN I FOUND HIM IN MY ROOM EARLIER TODAY. HE WAS CRYING FOR SOME REASON, WHILE HOLDING MY SCARF IN HIS ARMS." He pointed at the red scarf around his neck. "HE LOOKED LIKE HE'D SEEN A GHOST!"

Of 'course! Frisk thought to herself. Me and Sans are the only two people who actually remember the past timelines! Papyrus and everyone else have no clue! He was talking about Chara, and about the fact that she might return. If Sans saw Papyrus' scarf on the floor and started panicking and crying, he probably thought... He probably thought maybe Chara had done something to him...

"Papyrus! I need you to stay here in case Sans comes back! I'm gonna go look for him!"

"BUT--"

"No buts! Stay here! I'm gonna go see if he's at Grillby's. If he isn't... I might have a good idea as to where I MAY find him." Frisk said. "If he gets that far..." She mumbled. Running out of Sans' bedroom and past Papyrus, she grabbed her coat and boosted out of the door. She was really hoping she wasn't going to have to go THERE again... The place that she had visited, time and time again... But if she wanted to find Sans... If that's where he was headed... Then she had no choice...

****

When she reached Grillby's and asked him if he had seen Sans, all he could do was shake his head. She frowned, thinking of where to look next. She searched almost everywhere, until she had two final places to look.

Seeming out of breath, she knocked on Alphys' door. Shortly after, Alphys came to answer looking quite startled.

"O-Oh Frisk! Thank god y-you're here!" Alphys stuttered, pulling her inside.