Chapter 14 - Reset

Frisk, Gaster and Flowey waited just outside the entrance to the Judgement Hall. Frisk was a little hesitant. She clenched her fists trying to prepare herself for the situation ahead. We're here to save Sans... And all the other monsters... I hope you're watching us, Papyrus... Mettaton... Wish us luck. She thought to herself with her eyes closed. She almost felt like Papyrus and Mettaton were there with her too, by her side cheering her on. She could imagine them talking to her.

"BRING BACK MY LAZY BROTHER FRISK! AND DON'T YOU WORRY! I, THE GREAT PAPYRUS, AM NOT MAD WITH HIM! I KNOW IT'S NOT HIS FAULT! DO YOUR BEST!" She heard him say in her head. She managed a small chuckle.

"Darling~! I'm sure you'll do absolutely fabulous! You'll absolutely steal the show!" Mettaton's voice echoed, as she imagined Mettaton giving her the thumbs up. She sighed and opened her eyes back up.

"Inside I sense... 8 souls... The 6 human souls. Including Sans' and Chara's." Gaster muttered, one of his eyes glowing bright.

"Smiley trashbag and Chara have all 6 human souls...? How are we supposed to take on that?" Flowey muttered. Frisk looked at him seriously.

"We have no choice. We have to do it. No matter how many times it takes." She clenched her fists. "We have to..."

Flowey stared at her with a look as if he didn't feel so convinced if they could do it. But Frisk felt it wasn't a matter if they could do it anymore. They HAD to.

Letting out one final exhale of air, she put one foot in front of the other, to enter the Judgement Hall.

****

"Sans...? Are you here?" Frisk's voice echoed against the walls. The room was dead silent, just as she remembered it. Apart from the birds singing outside. Frisk bit her lip, remembering the dreadful memories in her mind.

Now is not the time to be thinking about that... I have to be focused on saving Sans... She thought.

"Watch out!" Gaster shouted. Frisk's eyes widened, seeing a bone flying across the room and coming straight for her.

Luckily, Gaster quickly rose his arm, as one of his eyes flashed a mix of orange and blue, and stopped the bone in midair. Right before Frisk's face. She let out a small sigh of relief.

Narrowing his eyes, Gaster sent the bone flying straight back across the room, near one of the pillars. At that moment, Sans jumped away, out of his hiding spot from behind the pillar, to avoid the shot.

"Well, look. He's here." Flowey muttered. Frisk slowly nodded.

"Yeah... He's.. They're here..." She quietly replied.

Sans stood with his hands in his pockets and his eyes closed. He slowly opened them to reveal his blue gaster eye.