Chapter 5 - I Remember Her...

The Christmas break flew by like a breeze. Frisk really had enjoyed the Christmas party she had with everyone. It was quite an enjoyable time. Even if there were a few moments here and there where Toriel practically stared daggers at Asgore and made everyone uncomfortable.

The Christmas break was now over, and Frisk had to go back to school. Which she didn't really mind too much. She liked going to school, because she liked to learn and make friends. It also meant that she got to see her mother almost every day, which determined her more than ever!

However, there had been something on Frisk's mind for awhile. Especially during the Christmas party. Sans pretty much spent a lot of the time moping around. Even for such a lazybones, he was pretty active and excitable on Christmas. But there was just something about him this year that made Frisk feel like there was a dark cloud hanging over his head. She felt like there was something her good punny skeletal friend wasn't telling her and it made her pretty concerned. But she was pretty determined to try and get him to talk to her on the way to school!

Frisk was standing outside, waiting for Sans. He was just talking to his brother and saying one final pun, before he walked down the pathway and towards Frisk. The front door had now slammed shut, leaving the two of them alone.

"welp i better get you to school kid." Sans said, extending his arm out to her. She frowned a little, and shook her head. Sans looked at her in surprise.

"No short cuts this time, Sans. I want to walk to school." Frisk firmly said, crossing her arms. Sans scratched the back of his head in thought.

"you want to walk to school..?" He repeated. Frisk nodded enthusiastically. With a shrug, he sighed. "fine i guess we can just this once." Frisk let out a small sigh of relief, as Sans shoved his hands in his blue jacket pockets and the two of them started walking side by side. It was pretty quiet between the two of them for a short while until Frisk decided she couldn't take the silence no more.

"Hey, do you think Toriel and Asgore will ever get back together?" Frisk wondered. Sans shrugged.

"beats me kid. how the heck should i know? why did you want to ask me?"

"Well, you're one of those few who probably actually knows Toriel. I only lived with her for a short amount of time, and you two told jokes to each other through a door for maybe... I dunno, a few years? And besides..." Frisk frowned in thought. "People seem to ship you and Toriel together. They call it Soriel. It's the thing nowadays apparently." Frisk shrugged, breaking the fourth wall. Sans looked a little surprised, and once again began scratching his head.

"eh really?" He shook his head. "tori is a nice goat mum i'll give her that. but i just sorta help her out by lookin' after you. that's what she wants after all."

"Yeah... Anyway, that isn't what I actually wanted to ask about."

"huh?"

"Sans, what is wrong?"