Chapter 18 - Lonely...?

The next morning, Frisk woke bright and early to set off to go find Flowey. She was already sitting on the sofa eating a bowl of cereal as Papyrus walked into the room.

"HELLO HUMAN! WHAT ARE YOU DOING UP SO EARLY? USUALLY YOU ONLY WAKE UP AN HOUR BEFORE SANS."

"O-Oh! I'm just going out for a bit! I'm er... Just gonna go exploring I guess." She shrugged, making up a lame excuse. However, Papyrus seemed to buy it and nodded along.

"I SEE! WELL, WE ALL LIKE TO EXPLORE! WELL, APART FROM MY BROTHER WHO IS AN ABSOLUTE LAZYBONES. HE USUALLY TAKES SHORT WAYS TO GET TO PLACES. SMH. HE NEEDS TO GET MORE EXERCISE ONCE IN AWHILE."

"Haha... Yeah, I see what you mean." Frisk chuckled, putting her bowl down and getting off the sofa. She started to make her way for the door. "I'll probably be back in a few hours! I'll see you later!" She called.

****

On her way to find Flowey, Frisk found a conveniently placed flower pot. She picked it up from a pile of leaves in wonder and stared around. She could hear a small rustle behind her.

Suddenly, a long, green vine shot up from the ground. Narrowing her eyes, she quickly jumped out of the way and dodged it.

"Ah! It's Frisk!" Flowey's voice squeaked, as he popped his head up from the ground. "And just what exactly are YOU doing here? Er... Again."

Frisk managed a small smile and got down on her knees before him. "I came here to ask you something."

"Huh?" Flowey looked at her confused. "If you're here to ask me for more favors, forget it. I'm not up for fighting smiley trashbag, again. That was a nightmare. Not to mention, it almost got us all killed several times."

"Oh! So you remember the past timeline!" Frisk rose her eyebrows in surprise. "I thought I was the only one!"

"Of 'course, you idiot! How could I have forgotten! The only reason everyone else has forgotten is because they were either killed before, or you MADE them forget. Just like you did with Sans... Er... Smiley Trashbag... Now, stop wasting my time! Just tell me what you want and then you can get lost!"

"Uh..." Frisk smiled. "I actually came here to ask you if... I could take you home."

"What?!" Flowey cackled. "Take me home?! With YOU?! Are you kidding!? That's the funniest thing I've heard in a long time!"

"I'm serious." Frisk frowned. She slumped down, staring at the floor. "To tell you the truth, I've been feeling kind of lonely..."

"So? Are you expecting me to care?" Flowey spat.

"Not really... I just... I feel so alone... I'm the only one who remembers everything... And Sans... He... He doesn't remember everything he told me... And how he told me how he... Felt..." Frisk clenched her fists as tears started to flow down her cheeks. Flowey looked like he was starting to get REALLY uncomfortable.