Chapter 3 - Look After Her

15 episodes of an anime later, Frisk was starting to get slightly restless. She didn't understand how Alphys was able to just sit here all day and watch nothing but anime. Though, she did find anime quite interesting, and it filled her with determination. She was willing to give it another go some other day. But for today, she was getting pretty tired. 

"Well, I think I might head back." Frisk admitted, stretching her arms up towards the ceiling.

"O-Oh, right. Yeah, it's already tea time, so you better head back. I'm sure P-Papyrus has prepared you s-some of his spaghetti o-or something."

"Haha, yeah. It was nice seeing you Alphys! We should do this again sometime!"

"Haha, y-yeah... We s-should... An-Anyway, be safe getting b-back home."

"I will! Thanks Alphys!" Frisk smiled, giving her a hug. Leading her to the front door, Frisk managed to give a wave to Undyne on the way out, who replied with a toothy grin. Stepping back out into the snow, Frisk gave one final wave to Alphys, and started to walk back in the afternoon light.

****

"Papyrus! Papyrus, are you home?!" Frisk called, closing the door behind her. She took off her jacket and went to the kitchen. Seeing a note on the counter, she rose her eyebrows and went over to read it. Picking it up, she saw it was from Papyrus. It read:

"HUMAN IF YOU ARE READING THIS AND I AM NOT HOME AT THE MOMENT, I HAVE GONE OUT TO GET MORE SPAGHETTI! DO NOT WORRY, I WILL BE BACK IN NO TIME! NYEH HEH HEH HEH!

-SIGNED BY THE GREAT PAPYRUS-

Frisk managed a small smile. She seriously loved Papyrus' attitude with making spaghetti... However, her thoughts were interrupted when she heard a loud bang in Sans' room. Frowning, she put the note back down and slowly edged her way out of the room and down the hall. Feeling a little hesitant, she put her hand around the handle of the door and pushed it open.

Sitting up in bed, she could see a shaky Sans. For some reason, he looked pretty distraught, and his eye was glowing brighter than normal.

"Sans? Are you okay?" She frowned, feeling slightly worried. When he didn't answer her, she slowly walked towards him, being careful with every step she took. When she was in close enough range, she reached out her hand to touch his shoulder, but when he saw her do this, he seemed to freak out.

"DON'T!" He shouted, suddenly taking a hold of her soul. Frisk widened her eyes in shock, as she felt herself fly back across the room and she felt her back hit into the hard wall behind her. Feeling utterly winded, she gasped for air on the floor, as her HP dropped down to almost zero. When Sans realized what he had just done, his eyes widened and he quickly got out of bed and ran over to her.

"frisk! oh my god are you okay?!"

"Y-Yeah... Yeah, I'm fine... Don't worry about it..." Frisk muttered, finally managing to catch her breath. "What about you..? What the heck was that just now?"