|8| » chapter eight.

Kel.

"Hut, hut. Set. Hike!" I yelled before tossing the ball upward. It didn't formulate into a spiral -which I was going for- but it got the job done.

They ran quickly towards it before Dantè reached up and was the one to grab it. He yelled, pounding his chest reminding me of an ape, towards them. I shook my head along with Maj. Semaj took a rolled blunt from his pockets and slid it between his lips then lit it.

We've been out here in the park fields for almost half an hour messing around. We didn't have anything better to do.

Myles clutched his knees, breathing heavily as he held up his index finger. He stood back up straight, looking between all of us. "Y'all ain't shit." His voice strained as he talked causing us to erupt into laughter.

Dantè threw the football back towards me and I caught it with both hands, sitting it underneath my armpit.

"Can't keep up huh hamhog." Dantè joked, patting Myles side as he passed him. Myles continued to try to even his breathing as he furrowed his brows at him, trying to get a hit in as he walked away but failed.

I fell back gently on my back, putting my feet flat on the ground as I tossed the ball in the air above me.

"So what the hell been going on?" Dantè said loudly as everyone crowded around. He sat next to me with his arms hanging over the top of his knees.

"Nothing really. Same ole, same ole." Semaj answered slowly due to him becoming elevated quickly. He offered the blunt to Myles and Dante but they both declined.

Myles chugged water down from his bottle and said, "what happened with you and Iyana?" He asked.

"Hell yeah! Let me hear this shit." Dantè rubbed his hands together in a fast pace. I scoffed and sat up, being faced with Maj's blunt but I declined it too.

"She kept saying I can explain which she never did. She gave me sloppy toppy though and cutty so I'm good." I shrugged with a smirk. Dantè became extra with his actions, oooing me and gave me a handshake.

"As soon as I know for sure she cheating though.." I trailed off and gestured scissors with my fingers and cut the air. "It's done."

"That's what I'm talking about nigga. Fuck these bitches!" Dante spat as if he was the one being cheated on. Myles shook his head and hands.

"See, you got it all wrong. Women are beautiful unique creatures. If you treat them right and with respect, you wouldn't have so much animosity towards them ." He spoke. Dantè rolled his eyes, smacking his lips.

"I said bitches, not women. It's a big difference."

"He right though." I agreed with both, sitting the football between my feet. Maj pulled the blunt from between his lips, releasing the airborne between us as his eyes hung low.

He nodded his head slowly and stated, "it's a man's world but pussy makes the world go 'round." He said.

Dantè smirked, agreeing as he nodded his head and they did their own shake. "That's what I'm talm bout. For real."

"What's up niggas?" We heard a voice yell. I cringed and shook my head.

"Oh no." I mumbled, rubbing my temples. Dantè looked back then at me, chuckling.

"Oh shit."

I looked at my dad as he came running through the field with a football helmet and shoulder pads accompanying his body. He took the football from between my feet and smacked his palm to it.