|17| » chapter seventeen.

I feel like this story is starting to become a drag and taking very long to get to the actual plot so I'm planning to speed things up and bring that vibe back. 😌

Aliza

Aliza.

I took a deep breath and pulled my strapless dress up over my chest before entering the double doors. Immediately, I heard music filling the room as Kelly handed out menus and other informational forms to guest along side Lisa. Just as told to, everyone was well groomed in their all-white attire as the gold, black, and white theme decorated the place from one wall to the next-along with photographers snapping photos in each corner.

"Thanks for coming

"Thanks for coming." they both would state after handing the papers. Kelly caught sight of me and smiled, sending a slight wave. In order to be polite, I sent one back.

"Good to see you this year Aliza! Our table is located up front." she tells me. I know, I help with the setup, I thought but simply nodded and pushed through the crowds.

I patted my hand against my hair, making sure that my hairdo was still in place like I had it. I readjusted my dress once again and waited patiently for an opening in these huddles.

I could tell just by how crowded it was, body heat was starting to raise the tempture in the building already. I rolled my eyes and felt my lashes brush against my eyelid as I did.

"Excuse me. " I finally said and turned to my side, getting between the pair as my heels clapped against the wooden floors with each scoot of my shoes. I finally got through and my assigned table came into my view.

Before I could pull out my own chair, one of a coworker from the other office branch I used to work at did it for me. I looked up at Scott and sent a slight smile as he extended his hand towards the seat. "There you are."

"Thanks Scott." I rolled my eyes playfully and plopped down gently in the chair, pulling myself up towards the table and faced forward.

"You're welcome Liz." He was the only one who got that nickname out of my name. I've came across quite a few nicknames but only that one came from him.