Chapter 5

Morning came as i heard my phone alarm go off while I got up from the wooden floor pulled my jacket off seeing the time 5:45am.
I starched then looked around remembering that I was at my own home. So I got up and put both my hands on my sides while smiling. " Now time to get dressed and find a job!"
I went to the small amount of my cloths that where hanging in the closet, while I got a long blue sleeve button up shirt with black boot lagging pants.
I went to the bathroom and placed my clothes in the toilet lid as I then looked at myself in the mirror. I then grabbed the brush in my sink and started brushing my hair as my long brown hair was a little tangled.
As I finely got the tangles gone from my hair I then grabbed two hair tights putting the first one on as I had a ponytail, then I started braiding my hair till I could not any more and used the last hair tie on my rist tying it on the bottom of my braided hair.
I then grabbed my toothbrush turning on the sink as I then placed my toothbrush in the running down water. I grabbed the toothpaste and put a little on the brush.
I looked at myself and started brushing my teeth while I then stopped really quick as I put my clean cloths on. It took me like 20 minuets as I then got my cloths on and quickly finished brushing then spit in the sink.
I then went to my living room as I grabbed my brown bag that had a black Japanese symble that meant 'Strength' on it. I put it's handle over my shoulder as It then lightly hit the back of my butt.
I went to the door unlocking it to open. As I looked around it as it looked like there was no one in the hall way so I went to the elovator and out the apartment building as I the looked around while walking down the street. There was alot of restaurants and clothes stores but it did not feel right to me so I just continued until I got to the bottom of the street seeing a little cafe that looked almost like the one I worked back at my uncles.
I looked at the out side as it nice and clean so I also walked in to see mostly mutants as this place has gray color almost every where where the tables had gray with a white line across it as nothing but books where on a hole wall of shelfs. As I walked in a little more the ones working here where mutants exept one humane girl with shirt brown hair so I took in a breath and walked to the counter as a girl with long ears with blue and brown eyes. " Hello." I said as I waved my hand a little up.
She turned to me as she then smiled and pushed up her glasses. " Hi what can I get you?"
I smiled a little and asked. " I was wondering if you have an opening for me to apply for?" She looked at me surprised. " Did I say something wrong?"
She shook her head and then fixed her glasses then back to me. " Oh sorry umm... yeah there is but..."
" But?"
" Your a human. No humans ever tried to work here." I looked a little surprised at what she said. " Aren't you human?"
She laughed a little. " No I'm a shifter." My sparkled as I have heard of shifters. They where slowly becoming extinct so it's rare to find any. But I then saw she looked at me as if I was about to faint or something. " I'm sorry I'm just shocked I never seen a shifter!" She laughed again as we both then heard the door opened as she looked at the door and blushed waving. So I slightly turned to see a mutant turtle almost like Raphael but this one was taller with a purple mask with glasses.
He smiled at the shifter and waved as he then sat down at a table by the window. I looked at the shifter as she then looked at me. " So you want to work here? Just to give you at warning this cafe has costumers that like their coffee just the way they actually like them." I smiled and nod my head as I grabbed the paper she put on the counter. " My name is Kri."
She looked at me then said her name. " I'm Griz."
We smiled while I then started to leave. As i got to the door i looked back to see Griz run to the turtles as she wrapped her arms around his neck as they said hi to each other and kissed.
I turned to the door and kept walking as I then kept walking down the street while I saw a park down the hill. So I smiled and ran down slightly as I got to the little poles that where being used for the gates around the park.
It had everything to slides, swings and even bigger stuff for the bigger mutants. I walked over as two tiger kid mutants and a snake mutant where running around I looked over to see a couple of mutant parent as they chat and laughed while looking at their kids every few minuets. I smiled and walked around a little more when my feet started to hurt a little so I sat down. While I relaxed I looked more around as I was just getting more exited about moving here.
then my phone vibrated so I looked at it as it was unkle Kevin sending a SMS. 'Sorry got your message late. :( how is it out there? I do miss you.'
I smiled as I then started typing back. ' It's okay unkle. I'm doing great I'm looking for a job right know.and I miss you too.'
I then closed my phone and placed it in my poket while I then heard a basketball being bounced. I turned around seeing a cheetah, boar and a lizard. I smiled and got up as I started fallow in them a little.
After like ten minuets of walking I saw four fields of a basketball court. I got more exited as I got up the stairs to get to the seats and watched as the three teenage mutants play while I also was doing my application for the cafe.