Chapter 36: Shrink

Orion's Pov

"I need help," I knocked on the therapist door. I hated shrinks. Why was I here?

"Mr. Reed," she stood up. I leaned against the door,"I haven't seen you in a few years. You said you were doing better and you didn't need my help."

"I've been having memories. They feel so real," I murmured. She gestured to the chair.

"Tell me about your life and we'll talk about the memories later," I sat down in the chair and ran a hand though my hair. She was my therapist when I was a kid. My alpha made me come here because he swore I had problems. I hated coming here.

Why was I here?

"I left here eight years ago. I found my mate. Her names Lily. I cheated on her with my used to be whore Arabella. I call her Arie. My brother hurt her and he killed my daughter. She left me. I kept sleeping with Arie. She's a hybrid. I snuck her into the pack until she was caught. She was my mate. She was killed by my brother but she came back. I asked her to marry me. Lily came back to me. It seems she was screwing my beta," I laughed and ran a hand through my hair,"they had a daughter together. They have another daughter now. Arie got pregnant. I sent her away because my brother threatened her life. She stayed in Paris for two years without me. She just came back three months ago. There's someone killing wolves and vampires. They put my name on a body. They put a leaf on another body. They gave my daughter a temporary leaf tattoo. It was the same tattoo."

"What's your daughters name?" She leaned closer to me in her chair.

"Her names Autumn. Anyways I have the king title now. I'm planning my wedding. I'm here," I frowned at the chair. She stared at me for a couple seconds.

"I can tell you still don't like this place," she talked so quietly. I don't understand why she did it.

"It holds bad memories of how I got here in the first place," I looked out the mirror behind her. She nodded at me.

"These memories, tell me about the memories," she crossed her arms.

I looked at the ground,"the first one was of my mother and I. She was reading to me. She called me Star. My brother was at the door watching us. The next one was when my brother was in the hospital after getting in a bike accident. He was hit by a car and he wasn't wearing his helmet. He was in a coma. I didn't know it at the time. I kept asking my mother why he was sleeping and why no one would wake him up. The third one was yesterday. My daughter called me Star and it triggered a memory. My brother was still in the hospital. I was wondering why no one would shake him awake. When my mother left, I shook him. He actually woke up when I shook him."

"It seems these memories were hidden from you in your self conscious. You were too young to remember them. They are being triggered by things happening in your life. All of them circle around your brother. Where is your brother?" She asked me. I put my hands in my pockets.

"He's dead. The same person threatening my daughter killed him last year," I murmured, looking at the ground,"my brother wasn't right. He hated me for something I don't know I did. He hated me and I don't know why."

"Somewhere in your memories is the key to why he hates you-"

"Hated, he's dead," I cut her off. She went silent and smiled at me.

"I know it's hard for you to deal with death but you can get over this Orion. You have a life with your daughter and your mate. You love them. In order for you to move on, you have to know why," she stood up and walked around her desk.

"My brother wasn't right after he woke up from the coma. He was a little unstable. I never understood why. That's when he changed," I stood up.

"Orion, schedule an appointment for next week. It will help you get through this. I'm surprised you're just coming back after everything that's happened to you. You need to talk to someone about it," she walked me to the door.