seven

Ambrosia Rosario

"Rosa." A deep voice whispers into my ear.

I feel a large hand gently shake my shoulder.

"Come on, wake up, we have to go eat."

I groan loudly before pushing the hand away and pulling a pillow down over my head to block out noise.

A second later, its ripped off me and and I feel a weight on top of my resting body.

"Wake up or I'll tickle you." Roman threatens.

"Go ahead love, I'm not ticklish." I mutter with my eyes still shut.

"Sure?" Roman asks.

I can basically see his smirk with my eyes shut.

"Mhm."

He starts wiggling his fingers against my stomach and after a while of pointless attempts at tickling me, he gives up.

"What should I do to make you wake up?" He sighs.

I open my eyes a little bit, blinking to let them adjust to the light. "Nothing you can do, I'm not getting up." I finalize before shutting my eyes and turning away from him.

"I told the chefs to make Indian food for dinner," he starts off. "If you wake up and come down to eat, I'll tell them to make samosas too." He wickedly bribes me.

I open my eyes again. "Promise?" I ask.

"Yup."

"Can they make them spicy as fuck?"

"Of course."

"Fine, just because you mentioned samosas." I sigh as I push myself up and rub my tired eyes before tying my hair up into a bun.

"Just let me brush my teeth and wear something warmer, I'll be quick." I announce as I walk into my closet and pick out a white tshirt and a pair of grey sweats, quickly changing into them.

Fuck what I wear.

I head into the bathroom and wash my face with cool water to wake myself up and then I brush my teeth to make my mouth feel fresher.

"Done." I declare.

"Great, lets go." Roman smiles and starts walking out of the door.

I follow him, shivering even though I'm in a hoodie.

We reach the ground floor and make our way to the dining room.

The table is almost full, there's a few empty spaces left and most people have started eating.

The fuck type of shit is this?

Mobsters and his family eating dinner together like they're related?

Whatever.

I spot Savannah seated on the table with a spare space next to her.

I smile and sit down next to her.

"Hey, I saved you a spot." She grins.

"Thanks." I grin back.

"Do I like, have to pray before I start eating here?" I whisper.

"No," she laughs. "No ones religious here, and nobody really gives a shit what anyone else does."

"Nice." I say and start adding rice to my dal.

I put a spoonful of food into my mouth and chew it, swallowing after.

Sometime later, I notice two men staring at me as they eat their biryani.

"Savs, why the fuck are they staring at me?" I ask Savannah quietly.

"They're just like that, I gave up trying to change them long ago." She shrugs and resumes eating.

I look away from her and look back at the men across the table, glaring at them.

One of them looks away and down at his plate, the other keeps staring.

How shameless can you get?

I huff loudly before speaking.

"See something you like?" I sneer to the annoying one.

"Oh, you just have some food on your mouth. But yeah I actually do." He smirks back at me.

I frown and wipe my mouth with a napkin to see a single piece of rice.

"Happy? You can look away now." I smile.

He looks away but a minute later, his eyes are on me again. Or rather, my cleavage.

Now I'm honestly getting annoyed because he's highkey creeping me out.

I push my chair back, cringing as I hear the legs scrape the tiles.

I walk around the table to the man and without contemplating my decision, I grab the back of his big head and smash it into his plate of rice.

"See love, you've got a lot of food on your face now. So go and wipe it the fuck off you along with every dirty thought you've had about the women here." I snarl before picking up my empty plate and glass, glancing over at Roman.

He's looking at me with amusement and admiration on his face, along with half the women sitting here.

The guy who's face I smashed into his plate is glaring at me but he looks ridiculous, not the slightest bit intimidating so I laugh in his face and walk off to the kitchen.

I rinse my plate, cutlery and glass off and put them into the dishwasher, shutting it after.

"That was amazing." I hear Savannah laughing behind me.

I turn around to face her.

"I know right?" I chuckle as I flip my long hair behind my shoulders.

(vote, comment & follow)
Next chapter may be pretty interesting🙂🙂