fourteen

Devlyn Tevere

Devlyn Tevere

I'm upstairs in Savannah's bedroom, getting started on painting my nails when I suddenly hear a loud bang downstairs.

It's an all too familiar sound- the sound of a gun.

I've heard it too many times.

My heart beat accelerates in anticipation of what's to come next.

Who could it be?

"Shit! We were expecting this, it's probably the people that put Nicole in jail, they probably want her back there!" Savannah straightens up, ripping her earphones out of her ears.

She pulls me up and drags me inside her WIR, sifting through clothes hanging there.

She reaches the very end and pulls open a small handle in the wall after putting in a code to reveal a locker built into the wall, filled with guns.

She hands me two small guns, a shotgun and ammo before taking two for herself.

"I'm assuming you know how to use one because we need to go and help out." She breathes, shoving one gun into the waistband of her jeans.

I follow her actions and nod. "Of course I know."

We jog downstairs, making sure to not be seen.

We split ways, Savannah going down the jail cell corridors while I take the parts of the house actually in use.

The moment I enter the kitchen, I see broken glass everywhere and a few of our guards lying unconscious, bleeding out on the cold tiles.

I pump my shotgun before ducking down behind the kitchen counter as soon as I see the bald head of a man dressed in a red uniform.

He's clearly from the attackers.

I strain my ears for any sounds of movement and I hear his heavy footsteps walking away.

I stand up and with one quick motion, shoot him in the head.

"Over there!" A man's voice yells as soon as the sound of my shotgun goes off.

I hurriedly pump my gun again and duck back down, waiting.

More footsteps are heard and I lean around the corner of where I'm hidden from the enemy's sight and shoot about three men before leaning into hiding again.

I let out a slight breath, rubbing sweat off my forehead with my sleeve.

A man suddenly comes at me from behind me and I gasp before elbowing him off me.

I pump my shotgun and fire at him but it's out of ammo.

I whip my smaller gun out of my waistband and shoot the man in the chest, watching as he falls to the ground before I catch sight of another one coming at me from behind in a full length mirror across from me.

I continue shooting them but they keep coming, like they brought an unlimited supply of men.

I tiredly lean against the back of a sofa when a sweaty hand clamps itself over my mouth.

I jump slightly in surprise before calming down when I see Leo.

"Be quiet!" He hisses.

"I fucking am!" I viciously whisper back to him before waiting for something to happen.

And something does happen, something I didn't expect at all.

From behind me, a person shoves something into both mine and Leo's neck, I think it was a needle with some kind of a chemical in it because the next thing I know, I'm passing out into nothing but darkness.

The last thing I register is myself being picked up in a pair of fat arms.

Then, it's all black.

Roman Salvatore

"Why the fuck do these things freeze when you need them the most?" I yell and angrily throw my phone against the wall, watching as it breaks and falls onto the ground.

"Calm the fuck down, Rome. Just use mine." Savannah snaps and hands me her phone after unlocking it.

I quickly dial a number and hold the phone to my ear.

"Hel-"

"I need back up right now! Be here in five minutes or you're all dead!" I snap into the phone before hanging up.

"Here." I shove savannahs phone back into her hand before shooting a man that was running towards us from behind.

"Where the hell is Devlyn?" I ask Savannah.

"I gave her a few guns- she's taking care of the kitchen, study, theatre-"

"You left her alone?" I cut her off, giving her a skeptical glance.

What if something happens to her?

"She's not a baby, Roman. She's John Tevere's daughter. She can take care of herself." Savannah shoots back.

"I don't care if she's not a baby. She's my baby and I'm gonna go find her- whether you're coming with me or not."

I take off running down the corridors, to the kitchen.

I see broken glass and bodies lying everywhere.

A few feet away from my feet, a gold shotgun decorated with diamonds lays abandoned.

I recognize it as Savannah's, Devlyn must've had this.

I start taking quick, quiet steps towards towards the study.

I'm about to leave because there's nothing here when I catch sight of the tops of two heads hiding behind a sofa.

They're hissing angrily at each other and I realize that it's a Devlyn and Leo, those two argue like fucking siblings.

I'm about to go and take them out of here when two men suddenly run out of nowhere, carrying needles and stab eo and Devlyn in the necks with them.

I feel a whack on the back of my head and I can't help but collapse onto the tiles littered with glass and bullets.

I helplessly watch as they carry an unconscious Devlyn and Leo out.

I watch the gun in Devlyn's hand fall from her grip and onto the porcelain tiles.

That's the last thing I see before darkness engulfs me in its ugly arms.