eleven

Devlyn Tevere

I finish brushing my teeth and then slip into a pair of silk pajama shorts and a matching silk top.

About an hour ago, I met Tess.

Tess, Nicole and I caught up with each other and I found out that Nicole's daughter was taken away from her when she was sent to jail.

But she wasn't sent to foster parents, no.

The people that were the reason to Nicole's imprisonment took Nicole's daughter, who's name I'd discovered to be Ellison.

We promised Nicole that as soon as we woke up, we'd start our research and bring her daughter back to her.

I take the hair tie out of my hair, letting it fall in waves down my back, ending just above my ass.

If there's one thing I love about myself, it's my hair. I mean, come on. It's fucking goals.

I slide the bathroom door open and walk out, sitting myself down on the bed beside Roman who's watching Prison Break.

"Hey." He says after a while of the two us staring at the large tv on the wall opposite the bed.

"Hi." I answer, keeping my eyes focused on the screen.

"It's cold, don't you think?" He asks, trying to make small talk.

"I guess." I shrug.

"So why are you wearing shorts?" He narrows his eyes at me.

"Because, you're not the only one who likes to sleep with a body as bare as possible." I retaliate.

"Fair enough." He answers before moving closer to me and wrapping an arm around me.

"What are you doing?" I scowl up at him.

"Trying to keep warm?" He states as if it's the most obvious thing.

"By wrapping an arm around me?"

"Body warmth is a thing." He answers, saying it like he's some kind of a scientist.

I inwardly roll my eyes and don't reply.

His arm feels comforting, and I feel warmer now anyway.

So I move closer to him and rest my head on his shoulder, pulling the quilt above our bare legs.

"You smell nice." Roman remarks.

I stifle a laugh before answering. "Thanks, it's your cologne."

"Oh, no wonder it smells so familiar." He replies, not seeming phased.

"Wait, you don't care?" I ask, a little surprised.

"Nah, it smells nice on you." He answers me before fixing his eyes on the screen again.

I smile slightly at his compliment, my heart warming up a little before I turn back to the screen.