twenty-one

Devlyn Tevere

Devlyn Tevere

I shove a gun into my waistband and my now fully charged phone into the pocket of my black jeans.

I double check to make sure that I have everything I need before I tie my hair up into a ponytail and exit the spare room where I'm currently staying.

I jog downstairs where I'm meeting everyone else and head to the kitchen to get some water.

The sight in front of me, however, is enough to make me want to both cry and kill somebody.

Roman is standing there with his arms wrapped around the waist of some girl from the back, his chin resting on her shoulder as she makes a stupid fucking sandwich.

They haven't noticed that I'm here yet and I take this time to get a closer look at the girls face.

I think I've seen her somewhere...

I squint at her when something clicks in my head and I realize that it's the girl who's wrist I broke on my first day here.

She still has a cast on it and I smirk to myself, seeing that this bitch is still suffering for trying to stab me with my own damn knife.

For a few seconds, I'm contemplating just walking back upstairs and staying with Savannah until it's time to leave, frankly because I don't want to deal with this shit so early in the morning.

But, the bitch notices me and looks up, giving me a hateful glare.

Fuck going back up, I feel like starting drama now.

"Hello to you too." I sneer and walk fully into the kitchen, making sure to not look at Roman.

I know he's looking my way, I just ignore his stare.

"I didn't say hi." The bitch rolls her eyes.

"Exactly, you dumb fuck." I answer and start filling a plastic bottle with water.

"Pft, you're just being rude because you're jealous." The girl says in an annoying, nasal voice.

"Of fucking what? The fact that you're so bald, you gotta wear a wig? Or your spotty contour? Or your foundation? Or did you just put your face into a cake? I can't really tell." I laugh loudly and turn to face her.

"Of the fact that Roman wants me and not you." She answers me in a matter-for-fact tone.

I'm deceased.