twenty-nine

Devlyn Tevere

"Take the next right turn." The gps instructs.

Roman follows the order and turns right.

"Take the next right turn." Again, he follows the instruction.

"Take the next right turn." By now, Roman is losing his patience and I can basically hear him cursing at the route guidance in his head in Italian.

"Oh for fucks sake, shut up!" He slams his fist on the steering wheel and pulls over to the side.

I bite my lip and hold in the laughter that's about to leave my mouth.

"This bitch literally has been making me go around and around for the past half an hour, how did I just notice?" Roman whines childishly.

"It's not you, it's where my house is." I shrug.

"What do you mean?" He frowns, confused.

"I purposely had the estate built on land that the gps couldn't find, duh." I answer.

"And you're telling me this now?" Roman scowls at me. But I can see that he wants to laugh.

"Yeah, it was funny seeing you get frustrated. Swap seats, I'll drive." I chuckle and open the door to get out of the car.

The spring heat outside hits me almost immediately and I shield my eyes from the sharp sun as I walk around to the drivers door.

I get into the car and shut the door straight away, wanting to keep the cool inside.

"Dude, it's like a goddamn oven outside." I complain as I tie my hair back and start driving.

"It baked you a nice set of buns." Roman replies.

I stare blankly at him, waiting for him to laugh.

"That was terrible." I blurt out when I notice that he was being serious, and start laughing.

My laughter dies down when I notice that Roman looks offended.

"Babe, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to sound rude." I apologize when we stop at a red light.

I reach for his hand and squeeze it. "Are you mad because I said your joke was bad?" I ask.

"Well when you say it like that, no. Obviously not." He replies and lifts up our intertwined hands to place a kiss on mine.

He's so cute, I could stare at him all day and not get bored, literally, honestly, legitimately.

He's got a great face, and he's got an even better personality, an even better dick and I'm glad he's mine.

I was honestly stupid and blind as fuck to reject him all those times I did, he's the best thing that's ever happened to me.

I smile at him and pull my hand away to place it on the steering wheel when I see that the light is now green.

"Good, but your joke still sucked though."