Chapter 16

The entire day I was kind of out of it. I was lucky I didn't mess anyone's hair up.

He loved me? Was it just in the moment, or did he actually mean it? Better yet, did I love him back?

Those were some of the questions that I pondered on throughout the day until it was time to close up. I knew I was falling for him, but I couldn't be sure that I was completely in love with him.

I cleaned my station rather quickly before going to the back to pay my chair rent that came up to $50 a week, which was nothing considering I made well over that.

I knocked lightly on Miss Belle's door before she called me in.

"Hey baby." She greeted as soon as she saw me.

"Hey." I reached into the front of my apron and pulled out the rent money. "Here you go, Miss Belle."

I handed her the money and she put it into a green pouch that she pulled out of her desk.

"Thank you." She said with a warm smile.

"No problem. I'll see you Monday." Her smile dropped a little.

"You're not coming over tomorrow?"

Just then, I remembered the brunch that Aiden invited me to. Sometimes I forgot she was actually his mother. Not many people knew this little fact about the "bossman".

"Oh, yeah. I guess I'll see you tomorrow morning then."

She nodded. "Before you leave, are you allergic to anything?"

"No ma'am."

"Okay, good. Make sure to bring your appetite, honey." She said before getting up and embracing me in a tight hug.

"Will do." She finally let me go and I left the office, got my things out of my locker and went to leave the building.

Before I could get all of the way out of the door Porsha stopped me.

"Girl, you need a ride home?"

"If you're offering, I'm not gonna turn it down."

"Alright, give me a minute. I'm about to get my stuff." She ran to the back and came back with her huge purse and her car keys in her hand. She walked out and I followed behind her to her car.

We got in and she started the car, heading to my place.

"I'm surprised you actually have your car. Where's ole dude?"

She smacked her lips and rolled her eyes. "You know that nigga is in jail."

My eyebrows rose, but I didn't say anything. That was none of my business nor did I want it to be, so I chose to stay out of it and change the topic.

"What are you doing for the rest of the weekend?"

"Tryna get some money to bail this nigga out."

I could see that everything I said was going to somehow end up back to this. So, I just shut up for the rest of the trip home, only talking when I needed to tell her where to turn.

Soon enough, we pulled up to my apartment complex and I got out thanking her for the ride. I went into my apartment, dropped my stuff off on the table and went to take a much needed shower.

As soon as I got into the bathroom I began stripping out of my clothes. I got into the shower and allowed the hot water to stream all over my body. I washed my body and then went to work on washing my hair.

I stayed in until the water became cold and got out before I made myself sick.

Wrapping a towel around my body, I brushed my teeth and then put a few pumps of leave-in conditioner throughout my hair while it was still soaking wet.