Chapter 39

3 weeks later

"Hurry up, Devyn!" Porsha yelled through the closed bathroom door as I tried putting the finishing touches on my makeup. I finished the look with my Dose of Colors matte lipstick and check my outfit one last time before walking out.

"It's about time." She stressed dramatically.

I rolled my eyes. "Now I know you're not talking about anybody being slow."

"Uh, not when we're on this fly ass island."

We had flown our entire wedding party out to the Maldives and we had been here for almost a week now. The big day day was tomorrow and it was still so surreal to me. I was really marrying the love of my life in less than 24 hours.

"Whatever, come on." I grabbed my cross body purse and headed towards the door.

"So, what are you tryna do tonight?" Porsha questioned a little more excited than I was.

I shrugged in response as I locked the door to the overwater bungalow. I honestly hadn't given my bachelorette night too much thought.

"You're joking right? This is your last night as a free woman! After tonight, you're going to be locked down forever. Granted, I don't think anyone would mind being locked down by fine ass Ace, but still."

"You know you're gonna have to get over your crush on my fiancé right?" I said amusedly.

She shook her head. "Never. I saw him first."

"You're a mess. You know that?"

"I'm aware. But, forreal, we have to send you out with a bang."

"Well, maid of honor, make it happen." As soon as I said that, I could see the wheels turning in her head and I wasn't sure if I was supposed to be scared or not. I eventually told myself not to worry about it and to just enjoy whatever she came up with.

We walked down the long dock of luxury bungalows before we reached the end and called for a driver. After moments of standing around, talking about the wedding and the possible bachelorette party the black SUV pulled up and a 'man in black', that I now knew as Reggie, stepped out to open the door for us to get in. Porsha got into the car first and just as I went to jump in, I was pulled back and spun around in the air before I was finally place on solid ground.

I turned around to see Aiden smiling down at me and Deuce standing off to the side laughing at my reaction to being catapulted into the air without warning.

"Don't do that." I scolded, hitting him in the arm.

He wrapped his arms around me. "I'm sorry. I just miss you. I'm not really feeling this new rooming situation." He admitted glancing over at Deuce, who was goofing off with Damien in the near distance.

Due to Aiden's superstitions, we decided to spend the night before our wedding day apart. The whole "it's bad luck to see the bride before the wedding" facade really got to him. Part of me wanted to be a smart ass and say that I guessed getting shot and having a baby shower massacre wasn't the most bad luck we could have, but I digressed.

"Hey, you're the one with the superstition, babe." He groaned before pecking at my lips. "Okay, I have to go before Porsha gets cranky." I managed to get out between kisses.

He nodded before letting me go. "I want to see you before midnight though."

"Okay. Well, I don't know how long we're gonna be out, so just call me." He agreed and gave me another kiss before he let me go and I was able to get into the car. After Porsha laughed at 'how sprung Ace was', we sped off in the direction of the city.